Potions

Caluminium

Adventurer
Shadows of Torkalath
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
I have composed a list of IMO fair suggestions:
  • Unbankable pots - this makes them more valuable
  • Duration for potions - if a potion lasts e.g. 10 minutes, you will have to choose wisely when to use it)
  • Make potions rare drops in boss chests - again this makes them more valuable
  • Map entity that enables/disables pot effects - this will allow maps to be designed on a consistent level playing field, rather than creating maps based on the fact that everyone will be using potions
  • Nerf the NPC's by making them similar to players - e.g. The Torkalath Novice's Crossbow hits 3x times faster than a players' Crossbow

Mana Font should be nerfed though, 10 mana per second is way too much, I would say 2-5 mana per second is more reasonable.

franky200

New Adventurer
Shadows of Torkalath
Reaction score
I like the idea of gpops,mana fonts, and swift blades being nerfed, but the elemental immunity potions should stay the same.

Fegged

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
Yup, totally agree!
Also got to the Giant Poison Reaper on phlames alone.. and that with 157 HP
nerf plz :(

€dit:
2638ef3fe1

€dit2: That stats in about 1 week (Possible to get one stat from 1 to 19 in 3 hours)

SilentDeath

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Yes a full pot load does make it a lot easier but a 150 hp char is going to have trouble getting those high level pots without help from bigger chars.

Fegged

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
SilentDeath said:
Yes a full pot load does make it a lot easier but a 150 hp char is going to have trouble getting those high level pots without help from bigger chars.
The HP doesnt really matter much, it's the technique and the skill lvls/weapons to use..
Run The_Wall without any pots.. have fun, but of course, this is actually no problem, but here comes the overpowered weapons :>

Caluminium

Adventurer
Shadows of Torkalath
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
SilentDeath said:

Those screenshots were showing how ridiculously powerful potions are; if they allow low levels to solo phobia, just think of how strong high levels become from drinking pots.

SilentDeath

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Potions do help a lot but a low hp guy that didn't get help getting the pots and weapons needed is not going to be able to solo Phobia. With just a speed pot and a good bow there are a lot of levels and low hp guy can solo. Another thing about phobia is if you accept the help of the bandits they can kill the boss for you if you just keep them alive. If you beat phobia without the help of the bandits then I would be impressed.

Also maps like phobia and phlames scale to the hp on the server, so if you have a guy that has high archery levels but low hp he is going to have an easier time getting through the map solo then someone of equal archery skill and higher hp.

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
I assume everyone voting "no" isn't a mapper or a developer of any sort. What you guys are failing to grasp is that there is almost nothing left, both in terms of items and monsters, that can be added to the game.

From here on out, every single map must be designed with monsters that behave like torkalath elves. They must kill in 1-2 hits, they must abuse jump, they must abuse stun, they must abuse push and poison. There is no alternative for any new map.

This has farther reaching effects than just ensuring shitty game play in every single map, though. It also ensures that we'll never really be able to produce a viable class system, since, again, every area of the game has to be designed with invincible players in mind.

The unwavering anti-nerf mindset held by the majority of this community is something that needs to just be ignored. It would be better for MSC to lose more than half of it's player base over night than it would be for the game to continue like it is. Why not just have rats give 1 million xp? It wouldn't actually change game play at all and I'm sure a majority would approve.

Aische

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
you might not be aware but there are players out there who are not as good as you in playing this game or playing games in general
there are quiet alot of people i think that maybe come home from work or school and just want to relax and play a map or two
id say u would probably loose about half the payer base if the game where hard enough for u guys to be a challenge
and i guess as some of u are creating content for the game id think you would want as many players as possible to see your content

id suggest something like a hardmode crest that reduces every defensive and offensiv stat by 20 percent and maybe gives the same amount of bonus exp that would provide enough of a challenge for those who need it i think

Monika's_BFFEx0255

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Juggernaut.png

"How do you guys feel about jugs?"

Yurnero the Juggernaut is a melee agility hero whose abilities allow him fly into battle and recklessly devastate enemies in an inpenetrable flurry of blades.
His skills grant invulnerability and magic immunity, turning him into an unstoppable force on a hairpin. Juggernaut is strong both offensively and defensively, and deals heavy damage both physical and magical with his Blade Fury and Omnislash ultimate -but he possesses below average strength and intelligence attributes, so he does not have as much health and mana as other heroes and is vulnerable when he is unable to unleash his cooldowns. For this reason, although his abilities make him powerful even in the early game, he cannot strike into forces without restraint until farmed and is usually played as a carry.

No one has ever seen the face hidden beneath the mask of Yurnero the Juggernaut. It is only speculation that he even has one. For defying a corrupt lord, Yurnero was exiled from the ancient Isle of Masks--a punishment that saved his life. The isle soon after vanished beneath the waves in a night of vengeful magic. He alone remains to carry on the Isle's long Juggernaut tradition, one of ritual and swordplay. The last practitioner of the art, Yurnero's confidence and courage are the result of endless practice; his inventive bladework proves that he has never stopped challenging himself. Still, his motives are as unreadable as his expression. For a hero who has lost everything twice over, he fights as if victory is a foregone conclusion.

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
id say u would probably loose about half the payer base if the game where hard enough for u guys to be a challenge
and i guess as some of u are creating content for the game id think you would want as many players as possible to see your content

I just want the ability to be creative with how my maps play. Unfortunately, I can't really do that because I have to take god-like players into consideration. In the end, this means I have to make a map that is harder than it would be without items like this in game.

I basically have two choices:
1) Make maps that can be beaten without drinking potions and forget about good loot or XP.
2) Make a map that can only be beaten if you drink potions.

If I choose option 1, there is no reason to play my map. If I choose option 2, my map will be lame.

We dug ourselves into this ridiculous hole for two reasons. The first reason is that in the past, developers did not think very far ahead. The second reason is because every time the devs try to balance the game more than half of the community explodes in a fit of short sighted, selfish rage. It's not as bad as it once was, but that element of mindless dissent is still very present.

Now that the community has thinned out a bit, and we no longer have aggressive, vocal community leaders to go on another anti-dev crusade, it's time to start making serious and far reaching game play changes. It's better to have a good game with no players than it is to have a terrible game with many players.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Holy fucking shit.

One of the dumbest threads i saw up to date, seriously. You guys are top-nodge players already, i could fucking solo the_wall with 15hp and yet not give a shit about potion effects or not. Npcs use hax in this game, players need their own fucking hax to deal with that shit, go kill ihotohr with no potions at all and you'll see my point. Also phobia is an easy map to solo, it's like orc_for where noobs get to solo the map and have fun with, except for the boss which turns out to be horrible.

Basically you can't expect lower levels to be carrying goodies like you guys and have the same knowledge on how to beat those maps, that is fucking stupid.

IF potions ever get a fucking nerf, i hope the nerf also comes to at least half the maps in this game, otherwise i'll call bullshit and start flaming the forums like good old days.

Now you little kiddies just got out of the sandbox and want to take command of how ms:c should be in the long run, at least think properly on what you say.

ALSO, IF any nerf is applied on the potions, i actually think that the only thing that should be done here is make potions less frequent and should be related to each map difficulty, the higher the map level, the better the potion drops and chances to get them.

Monika's_BFFEx0255

New Adventurer
Reaction score
TheOysterHippopotami said:
ITT: BoU vs everyone else.
Remember that time the BoU Crest was "accidentally" given 300% damage taken?
I can assure you that we know, more than anyone else, what 'hard' in this game really means.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
TheOysterHippopotami said:
ITT: BoU vs everyone else.

Oyster, you speak like you know everything. Infact you don't know as much as you think you do.

Let's face it, if potions were less frequent as drops and if they were adjusted to the map level, there would be no reason to nerf anything. These guys are so fucking stupid, let's nerf player powerups and let's not nerf hacker npcs. Yeah right. Keep on going and we will see how ms:c goes in the future.

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
We all know what 'hard' is in this game. The game is excruciatingly difficult and, as zeus put it, players need their own 'hacks' to be able to compete. It's stupid. Steps need to be taken to fix it, but every time someone tries we get posts like the ones Zeus just made. There are more instances of '****' in that post than in most of the threads on the first page of the suggestion forum combined.

A thread is made to discuss a gameplay change that needs to be made in some way or another, but there isn't much reasoned debate from the opposition. There has been a little, but it's overshadowed by stuff like 'fuck this if there are ANY nerfs im trolling the forums!'

You guys are so **** stupid, let's nerf player powerups and let's not nerf hacker npcs. Yeah right. Keep on going and we will see how ms:c goes in the future.
It's almost like you didn't even read my first post, let alone the rest of them.

The fact is, I've made a handful of reasonable arguments and your response was 'your fucking stupid'. This is why, earlier, I said it's time to just stop listening to you and make changes whether you like it or not.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Hey guys i'm oyster said:
We all know what 'hard' is in this game. The game is excruciatingly difficult and, as zeus put it, players need their own 'hacks' to be able to compete. It's stupid. Steps need to be taken to fix it, but every time someone tries we get posts like the ones Zeus just made. There are more instances of '****' in that post than in most of the threads on the first page of the suggestion forum combined.

A thread is made to discuss a gameplay change that needs to be made in some way or another, but there isn't much reasoned debate from the opposition. There has been a little, but it's overshadowed by stuff like '**** this if there are ANY nerfs im trolling the forums!'

You guys are so **** stupid, let's nerf player powerups and let's not nerf hacker npcs. Yeah right. Keep on going and we will see how ms:c goes in the future.
It's almost like you didn't even read my first post, let alone the rest of them.

You should know how things work in this game, you expect a freaking balance with potions while we are at a huge risk of getting no balance in all the hacky maps we have up-to-date, so my question still stands, are you guys fucking stupid or just stupid?

And yes i didn't read any other shit posts after the first one, waste of my time, as is this community being lately.

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
If you don't have anything reasonable to say, why not say nothing at all?

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Reasonable? You're a moron supporting for an overall player nerf at the risk of not getting any balance towards any of the maps we have with crappy hax stuff.

You know what? Keep the game to yourself, i believe it's time to pack my stuff and leave this stupid community, retards everywhere.

Fegged

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
We are retards because we need the game harder?
Oh i miss 2007.. Great axe being soo awesome, and Orcish Flayer were almost impossible to kill..
Times change, no need to whine about the "hardness" of a map, oh.. there no hard map except the_wall as you like to refer "hacky map"

Tell me which map except the_wall i should try to solo ;)

Bloodshrine is no problem, Phlames up to Vitrox is no problem, Phobias as you can read in the first post, is no problem..

Seriously, what is soooo hard?
Skill > Pots ..

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Rideon said:
We are retards because we need the game harder?
Oh i miss 2007.. Great axe being soo awesome, and Orcish Flayer were almost impossible to kill..
Times change, no need to whine about the "hardness" of a map, oh.. there no hard map except the_wall as you like to refer "hacky map"

Tell me which map except the_wall i should try to solo ;)

Bloodshrine is no problem, Phlames up to Vitrox is no problem, Phobias as you can read in the first post, is no problem..

Seriously, what is soooo hard?
Skill > Pots ..

Yes you are retards because you want the game harder, back in the days when the_wall came out, everyone and their mother cried about how shitty the map was and that it should be rebalanced, guess what, NOTHING EVER HAPPENED TO THE MAP, INFACT IT JUST GOT HARDER. And here we are, seeing some of you guys trying the "i want the game more challenging line" by posting some retarded thread with a poll, so what makes you guys think that nerfing potions will imply a gameplay balance on maps? Seriously, enlighten me. All i see from some of you is a miserable attempt at ruining the game further by DESTROYING POTIONS without even bothering with a REBALANCE of maps.

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
Reasonable? You're a moron supporting for an overall player nerf at the risk of not getting any balance towards any of the maps we have with crappy hax stuff.
Yes, reasonable. What good does it do to call someone a moron and spew fuck everywhere and threaten to 'pack your bags' because you don't like their point of view?

You have one, half articulated point. It's true that the game has been balanced around these ridiculous items, and to only nerf potions would leave us at a disadvantage against bosses like ihotor. However, to suggest that we should do nothing whatsoever and continue down the path we've been on is what's really idiotic. This game needs serious rebalancing all over the place, but all you seem to want are new maps that play exactly like the_wall, with new OP loot to keep you interested for 3-6 months. If anyone dares suggest otherwise, you threaten to pack your "fucking" bags.

Yes you are retards because you want the game harder, back in the days when the_wall came out, everyone and their mother cried about how **** the map was and that it should be rebalanced, guess what, NOTHING EVER HAPPENED TO THE MAP, INFACT IT JUST GOT HARDER.
Because nothing ever happened to the potions. GPoP was OP before the wall, and the wall wasn't difficult when it first came out if you drank one. The_wall has never been difficult. Ihotor has never been difficult. You don't need to do anything except know what potions to use and have a couple of them handy.