Problem on Master Sword

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Turn the bloom off? ( ms_bloom_level 0 )?

If the visual effect was consistent between graphics cards with this issue, I'd make a sticky of some sort...

(And yes Oyster, I know. :p)

BTW - if that does resolve your issue, it'd be good to know what sort of graphics card/OS combination you are using.

paulo4848

New Adventurer
Reaction score
this fixed my problem sorry but i don't really know about my video cards and things like this but im pretty sure this is not a weak computer because i can run far cry 3 on maximum

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Wannabe gamer, hehe. :mrgreen:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
paulo4848 said:
this fixed my problem sorry but i don't really know about my video cards and things like this but im pretty sure this is not a weak computer because i can run far cry 3 on maximum
Yeah, it's not a matter of power, but compatability. A lot of the ATI/AMD's have issues with OpenGL compatibility.

I suppose, if you want to be a real darling, you could hit Windows_Key+R, type "dxdiag" (sans quotes) into the blank, and hit enter.

That should bring you up the DX Diagnostic tool, which should be able to tell you what you've got. You can then either click "Save All Information" and post the resulting text file up here, or just make note of/screen shot the System page (most importantly the Operating System), and the Display page (most importantly Chip Type and Main Driver).

jon50559

Adventurer
Crusaders
RiP
Alpha Tester
MSR Developer
Reaction score
Pretty related, I have a nVIDIA GTX 770M in my laptop and am running Win8, and bloom also renders me unable to see anything at all.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Noted... (Leaning towards Windows 8 being an issue, but I've not tried MSC under Win8 yet myself.)

Jeeze, and here I went to all the trouble to update these libraries too.

jon50559

Adventurer
Crusaders
RiP
Alpha Tester
MSR Developer
Reaction score
Everything else works fine straight out of the box, I haven't had to fix anything myself aside from turning bloom off.

MS:C community

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
MS:C + bloom goes wonky on Windows 7 for me.

On three separate machines, actually (all on Win7). So I doubt it's a Windows 8 problem.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Bloom used to work before the HL death update occured on my laptop, then it got f*cked up big time and i never got to use it again properly in any of the pc's i have.

Both using W7.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
MS:C community said:
MS:C + bloom goes wonky on Windows 7 for me.

On three separate machines, actually (all on Win7). So I doubt it's a Windows 8 problem.
Well... It's a OpenGL function beyond 1.1, and Microsoft doesn't support direct OpenGL hardware access beyond Windows XP (from Vista/DX10 on, it's emulating OpenGL through DirectX, and said emulation only works up until v1.1.)... Granted, the gl libraries are supposed to fix that. Dunno if we have to switch to GLEW or what.

But, while my main is usually in "srs business" XP mode, both the nastier laptops here take it, and they Win Vista and Win7 respectively, so I dunno. :\

Might need to work up some sort of "We're gonna try bloom nao - did it work (y/n)? [Reverting in 15 seconds]" run once type dialogue...