PvP or FF?

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
The problem with "PvP" in MSC is that its just annoying because it ends up being more like friendly fire than PvP.

I propose that there be an option on the F11 menu to "Attack players", and when you click it - it lets you hurt other players.

BUT, since this would be confusing for nubs (IE: He's hitting me, why can't I hit back!)...Once you've been hit by a player, you can attack that player instantly.

Also, there should be a reward for player-killing...Exp based on thier player level, perhaps...but not likely as you would just have the level 30's saying "hey, kill me you'll get instant level 10"...More likely you should be able to take SOME of thier coins (1-5%) and, provided there was a bank...whatever weapon they were wielding at the time they died would be dropped (dropped for normal deaths aswell).

Well, whats everyone think? :D

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
sounds ok, but id rather not be attacked at all unless i OK it .

maybe change it around to where u can turn FF on your self for open pvp invites?

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
In the current menu in msc you can challenge a peep for a duel (but it doesn't work). It would be great for MS:S :p

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Perhaps some sort of "Legal punishment" if they attack you without it being a duel? IE you will start being treated like an outlaw and wont be able to buy from good shops, guards chase you, etc.

And instead of just "Player kills" we should have player kills (which are BAD and make your legal status go down) and "Duel win/loss rate" which is good the higher it gets... would display as X/X to avoid divide by 0 bugs :p

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
evilsquirrel said:
Perhaps some sort of "Legal punishment" if they attack you without it being a duel? IE you will start being treated like an outlaw and wont be able to buy from good shops, guards chase you, etc.

And instead of just "Player kills" we should have player kills (which are BAD and make your legal status go down) and "Duel win/loss rate" which is good the higher it gets... would display as X/X to avoid divide by 0 bugs :p

Divide by zero bugs aren't a problem as long as the coder does:

if (denominator != 0)
percent = numerator/denominator;
else
percent = 0;

It's not a hard "bug" to overcome >_>

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
A) I would like to see the duel system PUT BACK IN, I remember once upon a time there was one & it rocked.

B) I think I have suggested somewhere on these forums the idea of getting experience for killing players in PvP..... :p

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
problem with players getting xp for pvp is that high level people would just let nubs kill them once or twice for a few levels...bad idea if ya ask me...

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
So, setup a system where the really high level player loses his/her best items if they die to anyone who is half or less than their own level; and also have it take away at least 20% of their gold each death like that, and make LOSING levels in certain skills a possibility to insure nobody goes around screwing things up like this.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
problem with the losing items is...they can just ask the low level for thier items back, and the low level will give them back or get pummeled.

as for losing levels....ehhh....no...no losing actual levels, but you should be able to go to negative %'s of xp maybe

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I wasn't talking about the low level obtaining the items :oldshock:

I was talking about the items disappearing & being deleted!!

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
well then! thats a different story!

of course, there would have to be safety measures put into place to stop nubs from killing afks...and gangs of nubs killing high-levels...etc...

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
not talking about losing all but a few of your items n00b (lol)

but if there were XP rewards for player killing, there need to be punishments for uber-high level people losing to low levels...