Rollback Request? :(

Lady Stoneheart

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I haven't touched this game in over 5 years, so I'm not completely sure I can be helped or if I am in the wrong place. I tried toughing it and making a new character but figured it would be worth TRYING to see if there was a way to recover my old one. :]

Date- Some time in EARLY 2012 or potentially LATE 2011.
Steam ID- STEAM_0:1:22380101
Character Slot- I'm not sure, It could be any
What happened- I played the several years ago with my boyfriend and a friend,and we stopped playing. Reinstalled the game a couple weeks ago and my character was completely gone, and it's been so long that I don't even remember which slot it was. :/

I also have a screenshot of the character info from some point in time when I was still playing if it is at all helpful.
https://gyazo.com/4c16dc71e39ce668964b3e0e17579d6d

Thanks!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
We do have archives going that far back, but I canna find you in them... Sure your Steam ID hasn't changed since then? (We can move characters between Steam ID's, if you find it has.)

The good news is, judging by the screenshot, is that you can probably make that level in a few hours, and likely end up with better equipment to boot. Leveling is much faster now than it was back then (ludicrously so).

Lady Stoneheart

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Hmm...maybe I didn't have halflife at the time, and used my bf's account offline to launch the game?

He's currently playing again with a high level though so i don't want his account wiped or anything.
My boyfriend's ID is STEAM_0:0:17929415.

He is playing his high level character from the right slot, and his game crashes any time he tries to make a new character in the left or center slot, maybe one of those was mine?

Again, at this point, i'm not sure how much you can do, and I don't want to risk anything going wrong with his account! Sorry if this is irritating!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well, if you were off-line, ya wouldn't be on FN. :/

He's in the current archive, with characters in the middle and right slots. (Looks like one fresh, possibly corrupted, and one vet.)

edit (decompiling from Dec 2017 archives):
The small one is a 15hp character named Spike Wess. The larger a ~495hp character, also named Spike Wess. In your Anti-Venom party.

For some reason I think I remember a female mike user named Crystal, but I'm old, and everything's blurring together, so it maybe you were playing off-line/LAN.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
That one we have...

I can move it to your ID... Though, before I do, I want your word that I will not get a whiny letter from onii-chan claiming onee-san is picking on him again. ;)

It may overwrite your existing character though.

Last edited:

Lady Stoneheart

New Adventurer
Reaction score
That will definitely not happen. lmao That would be awesome! Thank you so much for all of your help!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
moved STEAM_0:1:20347914 to STEAM_0:1:22380101

No overwrites involved, so you have your newer character as well.

Done.