Skinner required: Elephant

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
TheOysterHippopotami said:
I also swear I read something about elemental planes, and that the plane of fire was named something like "Canarn". I can't find anything on this, though. Does anyone else remember anything like this?
  • Fatesworn Universe
    • The Mortal Plane
      • Leann
        • Diamed (Leann's only moon)
    • The Astral Planes (incorporeal)
      • Threshold of Felewyn
      • Threshold of Pathos (When he's about.)
      • Threshold of Torkalath
      • Threshold of Urdual
    • The Elemental Planes (semi-corporeal)
      • Carnaan, the Plane of Fire
      • Odriz, the Plane of Water
      • Hnshasa, the Plane of Air
      • Mughedd, the Plane of Earth
    • The Abyss (incorporeal)
      • The Soul-well (your soul goes here if you're dead, eventually sent to...)
      • The Reach ("a rather pleasant place")
      • The Harness ("a rather nasty place")
      • (...or, eventually, dismantled and recycled.)

Subject to rape/change.

Stoned

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
  • Fatesworn Universe
    • The Mortal Plane
      • Leann
        • Diamed (Leann's only moon)
    • The Astral Planes (incorporeal)
      • Threshold of Felewyn
      • Threshold of Pathos (When he's about.)
      • Threshold of Torkalath
      • Threshold of Urdual
    • The Elemental Planes (semi-corporeal)
      • Carnaan, the Plane of Fire
      • Odriz, the Plane of Water
      • Hnshasa, the Plane of Air
      • Mughedd, the Plane of Earth
    • The Abyss (incorporeal)
      • The Soul-well (your soul goes here if you're dead, eventually sent to...)
      • The Reach ("a rather pleasant place")
      • The Harness ("a rather nasty place")
      • (...or, eventually, dismantled and recycled.)

Subject to rape/change.

I beg of you, please don't rape what I love, Thothie :(

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
tumblr_mcpzecCVud1qmc4f9o1_500.jpg
It's cobbled together from a few sources by others, including the various information sheets and HoD. It's pretty vague though - been considering fleshing out - although in most cases you can't physically reach the plane, so it's not a high priority.

One thing that never really gets covered is the stars though... I don't think there's ever been a civilization without a zodiac mythos - finding patterns in dots is just something folks do... Though the last thing we need right now is more complications. ><

We could drop the bomb that there are no stars, cementing Leann as the center of all reality (that it kinda needs to be for this whole story to work), but the skyboxes kinda mess that up. One also has to assume that Leann is the only world with sentient life in this universe, or at least the first, as otherwise, presumably, some aliens woulda came down during the War of Fate and said, "WTF ARE YOU DOING!?" - and laid the ban hammer down on the lot of them. ;)

Other option of course being to say that the stars are not stars, as we know them, but representative of something else, with perhaps more classical spiritual explanations.

There are, however, off-handed mentions of various Loreldian structures on the moon.

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
I gather the "Mortal Plane" is a "planet" insomuch as the Material Plane in Dungeons and Dragons is a planet: you've got a moon, stars, and the void of space, how those are interpreted and interact with the mortal plane and one another is something we have to decide.

D&D does the whole space aliens thing with the Aberration creature type and to a lesser extent the Outsider creature type: the former are your Cthonic monsters from remote reaches of space and time, the latter are just creatures that live on the outer planes.

Also, what is HoD?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
History of Daragoth.

...and given that Leann is a subheader, and the era in which this lore was originally developed...
5siVKql.jpg
...I suspect, like in old skool AD&D, "the mortal plane" extends to the entire material universe, while any other planes of existence are extra or supra dimensional. The elemental planes being part of the primordial physical mechanics that govern magic in the material world.

It wasn't until Spell Jammers that D&D started playing with the idea that, maybe, the other planes are actually other planets, and the astral plane merely the space that separates them, rather than a spiritual plenum. Before then, it was the sort of place you had to leave your body to get to, and your soul would be anchored via a "silver chord". (ala traditional occultism.)

I suppose we *could* follow suite with that newer route, but that opens a whole other can of worms (there be a lot of stars), in addition to decentralizing Leann's position in the lore. Hrmm...