Supporting the mod

enter560

New Adventurer
Reaction score
So, is there any way to support the source version if you are unable to produce content? Are there plans to set up an indiegogo or other type of funding campaign? What about donations to a paypal/google wallet maybe? :idea:

enter560

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Anyone have any thoughts on this idea?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I don't think cash is an issue, unless, perhaps, you can pay someone to continuously whip BoX until he has code up, and then beat the crap out of Valve until they make the Source SDK more accessible.

Finding more active and reliable content developers / coders, by doing some social media thing (Maybe FaceBreak, or #Tweeker, or whatever it is you kids are using these days) might be something a non-content developer can do to help, but, meh...

We have an ModDB page... Do we have a Steam page? I know MSC doesn't.

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
Yeah, actually finding developers or becoming one is about the only useful thing you can do. However, you can always purchase models from sites like turbosquid. Maybe there are similar places to commission scripts?

Vomika7

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
oh god lets not go down that path, custom content only.

Vomika7

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Yeah I don't care how much or how little is done I would just like to know what's working.

enter560

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Hmm I could try playing around with Blender again. No guarantee anything will come of it though.

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
Vomika7 said:
Good luck with MSS ever seeing the light of day, then. If we actually had the man power to make a mod with nothing but custom content that would be one thing, but there's a reason why MSS has been sitting in limbo for more than a decade now.

...That anvil looks really, really good though.

Vomika7

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Is it? where are we coding wise? i don't want to put anyone in an uncomfortable situation when it comes to progress but in order to attract devs we need to have something to show that inspires them to join and help, i would like something at least playable by the end of the year. I'm dedicating most if not all of my free time to bring at least in my opinion really nice assets.

I enjoy MSC and i think it deserves more than stolen models from turbosquid or some crappy 3d store, we definitely have the talent to make it possible but a little more transparency would be appreciated thats why im uploading every little thing i do on my diary.

brb zbrush beckons.

BoX

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Jelly said:
But, since the discussion is opened, any news BoX?

Yeah... news... um, a few months ago my computer died and I lost everything. Just now got a new temporary rig while I save up for a kick ass rig. I'm currently redownloading all tools and I'll reacquire MS related stuff from stash spots I left throughout the web.

It'll take a little time but I'll be back up and running soon :)

Everquest

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
I don't think cash is an issue, unless, perhaps, you can pay someone to continuously whip BoX until he has code up, and then beat the crap out of Valve until they make the Source SDK more accessible.

Finding more active and reliable content developers / coders, by doing some social media thing (Maybe FaceBreak, or #Tweeker, or whatever it is you kids are using these days) might be something a non-content developer can do to help, but, meh...

We have an ModDB page... Do we have a Steam page? I know MSC doesn't.

Well what is more important at this point? MSC or MSS? At this moment in time I can not do much for the mod/s, but I can spread the word a bit if help is needed in that department. Oh and I give beatings for free... :p