Sword clashing

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I can't think of the actual term for it, but when two weapons interlock and both people try to force eachother off balance (I'm hoping everyone knows what I'm talking about), I think that that should be a part of Source. Like, when weapons interlock, you have to press mouse1 faster than the other player, or faster than a set rate in the monster script to win.

It's stereotypical, but it's still good :D. It should probably also train parry a bit if you win, or maybe strength.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
most definately! but it'd really only work with armed critters: orcs, guards, undead warriors, dwarves, elves, etc...

• Admin

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Not necessarily. You can catch a blade if you clap your hands around it just right.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
You mean like in Dark Messiah sword clashing? Where you rapidly click mouse1 key (or whatever your attack key is) to win a power struggle of the sorts? Yes... those are fun, especially when you disarm your opponent :D

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
yeah, thats what he means net...only your str level would play a role in this aswell, i think.

as for this....good idea, adds depth to combat...but with weaker attacks the blades should clash with no struggle afterwards, negating both attacks (damagewise, still takes stamina)

zEdge3

New Adventurer
Reaction score
and orcs should be able to choke slam you if they win lol or give them a special finisher that looks flashy and deals a good little amount of damage

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
monsters should have a power-strike type deal...that they use kind-of like dark messiah. but it should be one of those "OH SHIT I NEED TO BLOCK!" moments when they use them, not just randomly hit you with it.