Titles??

Trixter

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Hey guys,I haven't played for a good while,but here's whats been bothering me all these years:
I never understood the titles.I tried to search in the forum and ended up finding stuff i never thought they existed...like some weird general/elite titles or whatever that actualy if u had the title u get a bonus of damage,block and other stuff,but that posts was from 2008? Is this real? And how does it work? Btw my main concern is having for example 16 lvl blunt (and all other skills to around 10 (axe,swords,small arms,archery,sc,martial arts n so on) and still being an adventurer (while wielding my 2 granite maces).Though when i switch to for example a 2 hand sword ,my title changes to lvl 13 berserker,but when im bear handed im a 16 basher...Why are those titles changing.Isn't it supposed to be the highest 1 or 2 skills (combined) that u have make ur title (like the 13 lvl berserker).So why doesnt the title stay all the time,why is it chaning..even to adventurer (that pisses me off so much to the point of /quit) And one other question...does being a basher or berserker,or whichever of the general (main first) titles give me a boost ..for example if im a 16 basher,do i make some bonus damage while attacking with blunt weapons? Please answer me ! If you have the time,explain everything about the titles...im off to give a 10th try to solo Calruin :( (the thing that i have no idea how much hp he has in x1 player) gives me absolutely no clue if i actualy have a chance of killing him (do i atleast take half of his hp) ..What was the command u type to see how much dmg you've done,i remember seeing some playes use it while we were for torcs.. Thanks a lot for the time,im waiting! :)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Titles, sadly, have no affect at the moment. They are currently determined by your top two weapon skills. You will stay "Adventurer" until you have two skills beyond a proficiency of 5 (or one at a proficiency of 7 [not recommended]). They will fluctuate as you level, sometimes as you switch weapons (which maybe the case here), and occasionally bugger out entirely (defaulting to "Adventurer" when they do). As they don't do anything, they can be safely ignored.

When they are implemented, you will have to choose your Title from special NPC's, and they will have certain minimum skill, stat, quest, and item sacrifice requirements.

Getting a health monitor for monsters requires you complete the Bloodstone Ring quest, which is tricky, and requires a fairly comprehensive tour of the world. You will need assistance in that endeavor to get the ring before the higher levels.

Calrian can be more difficult to solo than some of the other early bosses, as unlike most bosses, he regenerates full health with each player slain. Additionally, he's in one of the most, if not the most, boss friendly chamber in the game, given his reach. He only has 1500hp (+45% reduct), but even so, you might be better off trying to solo one of the other low level bosses, such as Keledros (who actually has about four times the HP between his two forms, but gives you a lot more room to maneuver/hide, and only regenerates slowly over time.) Careful not to tick him off by running upstairs though.

The boss that follows Calrian has even more health than that, but he can be defeated without going toe to toe with him, if you can complete the puzzle in his spacious boss chamber - though that's not easy with the Horrors flying about, lest you manage to ace it in the first attempt.

All bosses are designed to handle four players in their tier, so to solo a boss, you'll generally need to be at least one, if not two tiers higher (and your current skills aren't nearly high enough to solo Calrian, to be sure). You can check which maps are designed for which tiers in the betamap thread - though it's still in need of an update... Maybe I should start sticking that thing in the installer, and make it pop up with the readme, to encourage me to update it more regularly.

Etnies

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I always thought I was a thug just because the game knew me so well.

Trixter

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thanks Thothie.
About the titles,i realy hope that will happen someday,cause like i said the post i read about those bonuses from the titles was 5 years ago..but ill still continue to hope..:p
About calrian..i couldn't kill him..he regenarates 2xmy max hp (a.k.a 610 hp) when i die..so its impossible.Although this is my alt char,i was so frustrated i logged into my main and 3-hited him with my thunder axe :D each hit for 600+ dmg..
And about the ring...well i didnt even know such thing exsisted..u mean if i wear this ring,i'll see somekind of a indicator (like a hp bar) ,showing how much hp left the creature has? Every creature or boss only? :p

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Trixter said:
Thanks Thothie.
About the titles,i realy hope that will happen someday,cause like i said the post i read about those bonuses from the titles was 5 years ago..but ill still continue to hope..:p
*sigh* As do we all. So many new maps in the pipe, and so few scripters, means it keeps getting pushed down the line, like so many other things... Although all the new maps are being held hostage, at the moment, so maybe that'll change - though, just now, other, more external, factors have us a bit stagnated as well.

Trixter said:
About calrian..i couldn't kill him..he regenarates 2xmy max hp (a.k.a 610 hp) when i die..so its impossible.
Oh yeah, I forgot we nerfed him... He *used* to regenerate fully for each kill. Most bosses do not regenerate health for kills, but instead regenerate slowly over time, and gain damage resistance to those they slay. Non-bosses, on the other hand, oddly enough, behave more like Calrian in the way they gain HP for kills, but they do not regenerate (in most cases), nor gain damage resistance.

If you die fighting a non-boss, all the XP hits you gained before death are reset, meaning they'll be deducted from the mob's XP value if you go back and finish them off. Being slain by a Boss does not apply this penalty, but again, the damage resistance they gain instead stacks up pretty quick.

Trixter said:
And about the ring...well i didnt even know such thing exsisted..u mean if i wear this ring,i'll see somekind of a indicator (like a hp bar) ,showing how much hp left the creature has? Every creature or boss only? :p
It provides a health indicator sprite that floats over the monster's head, each time it is struck, much like the one you already get when looking at other players. (Though the sprite also scales with monster HP, so you also have some idea of how much HP you're looking at.)

Etnies said:
I always thought I was a thug just because the game knew me so well.
Sometimes, the sheer thugness of an individual player may have unforeseen side effects on the program. (As does the alignment of the stars, the ambient humidity, pet dandruff, and several other, yet to be discovered factors - damn code is veeeeery sensitive.)