Two Suggestions

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
Suggestion #1
Perhaps there should be a public beta test the day before (or even a few hours before) a new patch. Disable FN and make the latest backups available, then release the patch. Perhaps this way we won't have to worry about rollback issues and other bugs as much?

Suggestion #2
It would be cool if opposing DOTs could be made to cancel each other out and not stack. You couldn't put a fire DOT over an ice DOT, for example.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
We normally have MP testing before patch releases.

We do not normally have the forums betray us preventing it.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
TheOysterHippopotami said:
It would be cool if opposing DOTs could be made to cancel each other out and not stack. You couldn't put a fire DOT over an ice DOT, for example.
I'm almost inclined to offer an Armor of Bravery to whoever can explain me why on ****ing earth that would be 'cool', to tell the truth.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Isn't this idea basically the same exact thing we are doing now? The fact being that we are still considered an "open beta" and submit bug reports to be fixed in the next beta release.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well, yeah, but normally we have an alpha test before our beta test. We didn't get that this time, for we could not pull the dev team together due to our usual communication medium exploding in a ball of flames and DoS attacks.

Keldorn

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
I generally oppose ideas that pose a nuisance to players in order to add "depth", i.e. having to repair weapons/armor, having to sleep/eat, having to dig around in your inventory to swap items all the time, or anything that adds opportunities for players to grief other players, even if inadvertently, since it encourages people to lock themselves up in their own servers so that people don't **** up their runs.

Canceling spells would fall in to the last category.

Players casting/using low damage DoTs was really annoying before this patch, since it blocked your DoTs from doing anything.

I can't even imagine how annoying it would be having people being able to cancel out your spell damage directly.

Holding off major releases from FN for a day with a large scale test might be a good idea, though I'm guessing that the dev team has it handled.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Ahmen.

"Gameplay > All" - That be the primary philosophy behind everything I do here, constrained only by the previous developer's intents and the various limitations to what we can actually achieve in practical time, coupled with the vagaries of multiplayer encouragement and game balance.

What ye have here with opposing elements is called an "interesting but impractical" idea.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
But really Thothie can you do the bidding of the old developers when they are not even here to witness it happen it??? This mod is an ever changing thing. No matter what happens or not, its always going to change the outcome.

Soooooo drunk!!!!!

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Double post to the rescue!

Keldorn said:
I generally oppose ideas that pose a nuisance to players in order to add "depth", i.e. having to repair weapons/armor
I actually really like the idea of having to repair items. Not godly or scarce items but low level kind of stuff you buy/pick up. And my idea of repairing will come clear pretty soon... as I am making... something.

I said:
Soooooo drunk!!!!!
I don't even remember saying that... I need to slow down a bit lol.

And yay for my 3000th post!