US East 3 votekicking disabled?

Kanta

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Is this a new official server thing? Or is it an error?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Did you use votekick in chat, or the old menu votekick? (That I thought we disabled as it doesn't work.)

Granted, I'm not even sure if the chat votekick works in the NOV2015 build, since Valve changed the ways we can remove players at some point, might need to go straight to voteban, though I dun think it's permanent. Then again, they've been fsking with the commands we can make the server do as well, so...

All the servers are probably be using the config files, but I'll take a look... as soon as the internet starts behaving proper.

Kanta

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
I also noticed that weather was locked in certain section of maps where it was never like so before. Namely Ara when the Orc boss arrives and creates that black fog or at gertenhell when it gets all snowy. Back when the server's were not branded as MSRemake official servers, I remember clearsky always working in situations like that. Not like this is a bad thing, just something I thought noteworthy.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
No clearsky is blocked in certain situations, that's one of them. There's no server side setting for that. Nega-polar bear does that too, and a few other spots.

greatguys1

Epic Adventurer
MSC Developer
Warriors of the North
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
No clearsky is blocked in certain situations, that's one of them. There's no server side setting for that. Nega-polar bear does that too, and a few other spots.
Weird that you mention this, I've been able to do so before in those situations with the current patch.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well that's not good... Looking at the game_master, it seems to depend on a setvarg named G_WEATHER_LOCK. Those can be a bit unreliable sometimes, but it should return the message "Weather is currently locked." in console. "The Bear God of the Black Forest" and "The Remains of Shadahar" both set it, but I think in Ara's case it's handled map side.