INFO What Do I Do If My Character Needs To Be Restored?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
IF your character needs to be restored you are allowed up to 3 rollbacks per month. All rollbacks must have the following information:
  1. How long ago from the time of your post do you want to be rolled back? (Or specify a date, if you wanna go way back.)
  2. Your full SteamID (see below)
  3. The slot your character was in (1, 2, or 3, numbered left to right)
  4. WTF happened to your character? (Overflow, lost item, etc. - to help us debug)
Make a new post titled "Rollback Request" with all that info in the FN Rollback Request Section.

Rollback requests may take a day or more to be acted upon, but are generally dealt with within 24 hours. Until your rollback is complete, you should not play MS:C as your character saving will overwrite any rollbacks we make.

Do NOT PM the dev team or the [FN] host for rollbacks. Instead, make a new post in this forum section, as described above.

How do I get my SteamID?

To get your SteamID, type STATUS in Console (~) while connected to any HL1 mod:
(Be sure that "Enable Developer Console" is checked in Advanced Keyboard Options.)

status.gif
* ID's altered to protect the guilty.

The highlighted bits are the Steam ID's. Copy yours in its entirety by highlighting it with the cursor, right clicking on it, and clicking "copy" on the context pop-up. Then paste it into your Rollback Request post.

Once we have that, we can respond to your post and tell ya it's done.

NOTE: Archives of all characters in the database are made three times a day. Keep this in mind when requesting character restoration, as you will likely lose some playtime / gold / xp / items. It is generally not worth restoring a character less than a few days old.

Also note: You must be offline during the rollback for it to succeed!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Admin

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Better yet, rather than contacting us all individually - just make a post here. More likely one of us will see it that way, and less effort than contacting us one by one.

StarCraftFan

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
My Charactor Dissapeared around 7 30 eastern on October 28 and i couldnt get it back His name was StarCraftFan And i think i overwrote it! some1 told me to come here after i loged in as Steam_ID_PENDING that they would fix it!

Karlos

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:5318785
Date char last worked: 08 November 2006 6:36 PM
Slot: 1
Meaning of life: 42

Actually, it didn't have the do not click crest, nor was it called anything else but Karlos, but I had a strange green crest with a star thing on it, my heavy backpack, orc bow. Before I had noticed this I had already clicked it, and then noticed that all my stuff had gone and I wasn't wearing the Blades of Urdual crest.

I lost a Spiderblade, Perfect Skullblade and several other useful items.. as well as vital ones.

If you could restore it soon I'd be very grateful.

Aische

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:4357454

Date: 13 November 1:00 PM ( GMT +1 )

Slot: 1

thank you

Aische

• Admin

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Pretty far to roll back. Lucky we keep monthly archives now...

Character's pretty big - I'd make sure you don't carry too many potions/arrows whatnot.

Restored to Nov 13th as requested.

Tull

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I kinda picked up too many skins so its Reliable channel overflow every time I click on my character. It was fine about 40 minutes ago, I think. So here we go:

-15:30 (gmt-6) 23/12

-STEAM_0:0:3506107

-Slot 1

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Tull - had to roll you back to 6am CST this morning - just barely missed the archiver.

Tails - type "status" in console to get your Steam ID. Then post up the Steam ID, character slot, and what date you would like it rolled back to.

Tull

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Tull - had to roll you back to 6am CST this morning - just barely missed the archiver.

Tails - type "status" in console to get your Steam ID. Then post up the Steam ID, character slot, and what date you would like it rolled back to.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Done.

green_man

New Adventurer
Reaction score
STEAM_0:0:90181

Im not to shure when he was working. I loged off went to bed came back on a few days later and got the crashing bug. I connected to the hells server my char is new. slot 1, Can i have a roll back or i dont know whatever it takes to get me back in the game again.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Ah, yer that last one who's ID escaped me. Give me afew... Should be about the last guy to have this.

*sigh* It looks like both your characters were created at the height of the corruption issue and both corrupted the same day. I'm afraid there's no point in rolling them back - all the archives of them are from the same date. I've cleared them up so you can start over, you shouldn't have to worry about getting corrupted again (I don't see any pre-JAN2007D servers out there, save for Hellzdiner, and it shouldn't be an issue).

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeah, you'll have to, I cleared em out for ya. Sry. :(

It was a desperate effort to fix this asthetic bug that's been haunting us for over a year now... Sadly, no amount of testing we coulda come up with would have revealed to us that it corrupted new characters sooner, so we found out the hard way.

In anycase it's been fixed now, and we've learned from our lesson, and shall not fux0r with it again.

DarkZ

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Reliable channel overflowed

need rollback on mine acc due to "Reliable channel overflow"
Code:
STEAM_0:1:3799018 // slot: 1
date: 2007-01-24  // time: 21:15 (GMT:+01:00)
thnx.

edit: yea uhm sry bout that, just got bored and started killing boars, bears, more boars and more bears waiting for a friend, guess inv got cram-full.... :oops:
ok.. nothings seams to have been done to my save, im even located at "char recover" where i tried to go last time i ran msc.. you can rollback a day or two since ive been working the last two weeks and trying to get used to that.

btw thothie, you're beeing missed on msn :p (edit: that typo, this typo, type that..)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Done. Careful not to overstock.

DarkZ

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Re: Reliable channel overflowed

DarkZ said:
need rollback on mine acc due to "Reliable channel overflow"....
*bump* =)

edit: thnx, working now ^^

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Again? Seems I just did that a few days ago...

edit: Done, again, rolled you back a little further this time, in case the last time wasn't far enough or some such.

Tull

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Uhm, I did it again. Picked up to many potions this time. :/

-10 minutes ago :S (uhm, should be 18:55 CET -6)
-STEAM_0:0:3506107
-Slot 1
-It sure is 42!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Got it.

By god man, learn Rejuv so you can cure your pot addiction. ;)