What does the balance stat in archery do, if anything?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
It's suppose to narrow the min-max miss rate for charged-uncharged shots, but a lot of bows have both their min and max set the same, so... Not much, sadly.

Kanta

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Miss rate, like spread?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yes, I did not describe that well... MSC headaches here. ;)

Basically, when you charge a bow, say it has a cone of fire accuracy ranging from 1-10. Charge it halfway and the radius of the cone of fire is narrowed by half. If your balance is higher, it'll cut it by more, though never below the minimum of 1. A lot of bows, however, have COF min/max ranging from 1-1 or 2-2 and the like, so for those, the way it's coded up, it makes no difference.

I might be able to tweak it up so it also affects range - but it'd be a little tricky for me to figure out how to make sure that didn't mess with spells as well.

Kanta

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Increased range on bows with leveling up would be really cool. I take it some spells share traits with bows though?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeah, some of the spells work on the same "charged-throw-attack" system, a few of which might actually go wonky in a bad way if I started doing things like that, so I'd have to work out how to check for a particular active skill on the client end... And I don't think the data of which skill is in use actually gets passed to the client at that sage, so - tricky.