vecraude

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score

Clan Hunter

New Adventurer
DarkTide
Reaction score
I think a lot of people turn it off either for voice chat or to play their own tunes.

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I like the one you suggested for ms_snow, but I think it would be best if Lanethan did the music, because he is damned good at it. :roll:

Dejiko

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Lilly said:
Less generic fantasy junk more mood-setting/adrenalin pumping tunes.

what, you mean like this?

btw, ms:s needs boss battles like this, only it should be much more dangerous. twilight princess bosses are just too easy once you figure out what to do -.-

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask (specially the latter) have WAY better music than TP (twilight puking). And WAY more climatic boss battles (WW too is cool but more plot driven since its so easy)

WW is easy (not as much as TP) but the last cutscenes and battle are fucking awesome.

I checked the last battles of MM and OoT on youtube, and seriously, the last boss in TP is anything but better, Ganondorf alltogether in TP was lamely added just because the wussy fanbase asked; they added a small nosed, stupid ganon with lame personality.

Just check this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkMY5Cxj3m8 (WW)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AZXahcw ... re=related (OoT)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbcmNoWBedE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD6yaG9q4uA (MM)

IMO, MM is the best Zelda game in terms of style

Durak

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I haven't played any zelda games since legend of zelda and zelda 2 but it's fascinating listening to people go on about the franchise. Nintendo milks their titles ALL the way. I don't know of any popular/good games that have come out for gamecube or wii that aren't with one of their major characters.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Nintendo is a hype machine.

Brawl, for example, was over hyped and overrated. I will however give them credit for making Kirby awesome this time around. :wink:

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Basically OoT and MM were pure jewels.

WW didnt listen to crap the fanbase wanted and has and awesome story (if only the bosses were harder)

TP was just fanbased crap. They think that with that crappy gameplay cliche of dark-light realities and brown colors the game is more mature (WW is more mature taking the graphics away). You learn lots of abilities that are useless since the monsters dies in 1-2 hits and they barely fight back.

IMO the only boss battle that was funny despite being easy was the Stallord fight

The Wolf, tough cool, becomes useless early.

Epona is useless since you basically get to warp anywhere near the same point.
The plains are mostly empty (OoT at least had skeletons at night) and full of crap that dies easily (even the sea in WW has more monsters, and very dangerous ones).

They give us Zant, a cool villian which is downright crazy (look like Voldo from soul calibur), but for some reason they kill him to bring a shitty version of ganon with one liners that look taken from stock villians of cheesy animes and Jrpgs (plus his manly nose is gone)

Yeah, about Brawl, Nintendo got really lazy. Its not bad but considering its their best selling game, they could have added much more (characters, pokemons, turn assist thropies into actuall characters goddamit)

ROB? its not even a game character, out of all the possible character.... ROB? (im not discussing how he plays)

They even axed Mewtwo (I always liked him despite what the elitists at GameF*ck says) and Ganondorf is still a clone of sorts.

This is a list of nintendo characters that should have been in brawl (maybe ill forget some)

-K.Krool
-Black Shadow
-"Toon" Ganondorf (he even pimp-slaps Zelda in WW)
-Lyn or Hector from fire emblem (both would have been sweet)
-Waluigi
-Fierce Deity Link (maybe a boss or Young link's Final Smash)
-Megman deserved to be a guest character (Capcom should make a smash-esque game of megamn featuring every Robot Master)
-Dark Samus
-Some assist thropy characters (Saki FTW)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
The music of MSC, with the possible exception of Gaz’s Bludgeon, is the only original material we have that is professional grade, as such, I’d very much like to keep it.

If anything, I’d say just revamp it a bit, not with a mix, but with some reverb or some such. Background music should be in the background, and a filter of that sort maybe available under Source (I’m not sure what sort of audio filters Source offers for MP3’s).

Quality wise, the MSC music is prefecto, no complaints there… However, what I would like to see is more action oriented music (still medieval, but lest soft fluffy medows and more “medieval on your ass” medieval.)

What I’d really like to see, is an event-driven music system. That would likely require some original compositions, but you’d have pieces of ambient music looping that could melt into action ambient loops when combat begins, and dark ambience of dewm when the big boss shows up. You see that in some of the more professional grade games. Serious Sam, as much as I hate the game, and the music, does that very well.

I might *try* to do some event driven music loops such as that, if I ever get to make my own map again. Next one I’m going to have done would be nightmare sfor (if I can call that "my own map"), and it wouldn’t really be applicable there – as the whole map is hellish.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
@FER: They should've added Cecil or Kane, from FF2(American).

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
I am not nearly as talented as MS:Cs original composer but I would love to write any music I can for MS:S (or MS:C).

I made a thread about this in the music section.

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7443

What I’d really like to see, is an event-driven music system. That would likely require some original compositions, but you’d have pieces of ambient music looping that could melt into action ambient loops when combat begins, and dark ambience of dewm when the big boss shows up. You see that in some of the more professional grade games. Serious Sam, as much as I hate the game, and the music, does that very well.
I also really want to see this. I'm willing to try my hand at it eventually but at present it seems like a daunting task for me. I've been wishing this concept was more present in video games for years, though. Seeing it implemented well in MS:S would be exciting.

Edit: The total war series manages to pull this off pretty well in my opinion.