Why not add charge attacks to bow?

Dark_Force9999

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Impale (Proficiency 5)
Arrows shoot and impale through any enemy in the way.

Multishot (Proficiency 10)
Fires 3 arrows at enemies nearby. (2 Arrows will act like Chain lightning and the main arrow will be shot normally)
(Proficiency 15) - Fires 4 arrows at enemies nearby
(Proficiency 20) - Fires 5 arrows at enemies nearby (Max)

megatracker

New Adventurer
Reaction score
this sounds nice! it will give some people more of a reason to train/have arrows handy. but what about crossbows?... what about a repeating crossbow available in stores! shoots 3-5 arrows at a time but it requires say level 10?

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Levels are too low for stuff that would be so deadly. If I fired 5 arrows at once I could kill atholo in about 8 seconds.

Evaan

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I've been thinking about it, but then I thought that you already have the advantage of firing at a range, dealing great damages, out of harms way (if with a player, you might not be touched much).

However, bows could do with something more fun in it's usage, through charge attacks.

I was thinking of a cripple effect that last 2-3 seconds, but I don't know if we can slow down only movement (so it doesn't slow down attack speed also).

A speed increase would also be nice, meaning the charged attack would go faster than normal attack, so you fire every second arrow faster.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
In theory, yes, you can attack enemies at range. However, most maps don't have large, open areas in which to utilize the range. Archery, right now, can't take full advantage of how it's supposed to be used, which is why it kinda sucks. If we had more fields or long hallways, MAYBE it could be better, but chances are, enemies are still going to make it to you before they die (unlike magic where you can usually kill them).

One way to make archery a bit better would be to add in a kick/bow attack like the Elite Blackhand archers use. Just a way to push back and stun an enemy so that you could get away and use your ranged attack would certainly make a difference. If it were a right click attack, it wouldn't be passing exp, so there's not too much of a problem with it being too cheap, IMO.

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Legs and head shots (If it was possible) would be nice. :|
Legs = slown down for a few secs
Heads = 1.25-2x damage, which ever seems fair

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Theres no head hitbox on most of the monster models so headshots are currently impossible. However, the player model does have a head hitbox and headshots in pvp do 2x damage.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Been over this before - there's no good way to make a multi-shot with the current system. Open to other idears though.

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I like the impale idea. Maybe goes through to another monster or something.

Darkside1

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Shall we look at Dark Messiah? Check that it has 4 Charge attacks

Its bows include Massive hit rating, its magic causes so much lag and the AI causes Blastables

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Homing arrows would be good, fly for up to 5 seconds at half the speed of a normal arrow.

Dark_Force9999

New Adventurer
Reaction score
still, even if u use multi-shot, you're still consuming 3-5x the arrows.

How about just flipping the bow horizontally and fire 2 arrows?

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
To deal massive damage in a fifth of the time it would take to shoot 5 arrows.