Will there be a mastersword-like in the future?

Dabu

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Hello everyone, my name is Rayan (online would be Dabu) I'm a disabled and huge fan of the Half-Life series also a Valve nerd, I'm new to the "Mastersword" community.. for some reason this mod feel so nostalgic to me and hold a new place in my heart I am still sad That there was no a RPG mod on source or a car mod in the engine. I have a question y'all do you think Mastersword should get a spiritual successesor like Zombie Panic! Source and Pirate Viking Knight 2? Or it should stay in Goldsrc? It's feel depressing that this project is so damn unique and inspired my works as a gamedev career which I'm in a gamedev essay course arc
Pst I am new and I love Mastersword currently I would love to play it someday if I have time :) I would like to knows your thoughts,

Cheers
Rayan "Dabu".

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
There has been a few efforts over the years to create MS in newer engines.

* MS:Source - as the name suggests was a remake in the Source Engine. Was never completed.
* MS:Unity - a remake in the Unity Engine. Was never completed.
* MS:Reforged - a remake in Unreal Engine, currently in the works.

I've got a feeling I've missed one version, but I can't remember which.

Dabu

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Was there any ACTUAL footages of MSS? Sorry if is sounded aggressive but I remember there was a map showcase and a HUD screenshot on the moddb.
I want to see some never seen before details about Mastersword if you guys are okay with it....

natranr

New Adventurer
Christian Warrior's of God
Reaction score
If this is ever picked up, Half-Life Alyx/Source 2 would be a great start for Master Sword: VR. Maybe make it just pvp.