YES FIRST TOPIC!

Kuroneko

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Sadly, not far enough. We're still in the concept stage with some slight forays into the content creation stage. The big thing we still lack is an expierenced coder, since we lost Dogg it's been tough.

Lanethan

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Yep, and it can be extremely difficult to find a coder willing to work on such a massive, ridiculously complicated mod when you could just change some weapon variables and make "Counter-Strikezone."

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Last I talked to him it sounded as though he had moved onto another game. I had to pull his teeth to tell me what version of VS he compiled MSC on. He refuses any help more than that. :( Damn dawg he is.

Actually found a coder I was going to send yer way, but he hasn't answered any subsequent requests, so I suspect he's no more dependable than Dogg. :/

Plus I don't think he has any experience coding for Source but well... Who does, really? ;) No one who isn't already coding another game - pretty much anyone you bring in has gotta be new to it.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
well at least we are moving foward with things (even if it is slow). Lets not stop now.

Kuroneko

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Dogg went on to open his own gaming cafe. Appears to be quite successful too, has PC and console gaming. A bit cramped, from what I saw in pictures, but still a very nice place.

Unknown Hero

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I think MSC hl1 is good enough for now, sure source has better graphics, etc. but it will take longer then sven coop source for the source version :|

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
the only reason it is taking the Sven team so long to do source is because they want to finish 3.5. After 3.5 Gold is out, Sven Coop is done with HL1 forever and moving onto source.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
They are extremely slow with 3.5
they even split it up in 3 different versions

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
well if the change log so far is this long

then it makes sense to split it up.

kray1091

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Unknown Hero said:
I think MSC hl1 is good enough for now, sure source has better graphics, etc. but it will take longer then sven coop source for the source version :|

MSC hl1 is good enough for now, but if you been playing for a year it tends to get boring sometimes, thats why I started to help creat new weapons ect..

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
It would be awesome to see MS: Source move on at a reasonable rate... I feel as though my sixteen years of age will have an extra zero at the end by the time a burst of speed occurs in progress (meaning MS Source may come out within my life time, but at the current pace) :D

Who knows, perhaps it is because MSC is an RPG like mod... and people like slow pace fun rather than fast action CS:S "headshot WTF!? hacker" action...

EDIT:
When I mention people liking slow-pace RPG mods... it means they themselves are slow :D

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
i dont like slow pace...i like face paced face-stabbing action, with ragdoll bodies and spells what light things on fire....which is why MM dark messiah is my ideal game :D

unfortunately, it went a different route from the other MM games and i wont be able to wander aimlessly killing whatever i want at any time...which is what MS: S should be :) (multiplayer like MSC and fighting similar to dark messiah)

BioRage

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Yeah but Dark Messiah is gay cause it's not online nor coop!

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Dark Messiah isn't the first of the MM series to be online... ever hear of Might & Magic Online :D

Ahh... what an original name for the MM MMORPG... albeit Dark Messiah is a massive disappointment seeing as how all of the older versions actually had a legitimate system to call "leveling up", with monsters to help you out... giving skillpoints for going along a linear path that is absolutely impossible to avoid doing and an occasional bonus boss isn't exactly what I'd consider any good...

If you want to know why Might & Magic series has been failing lately, it is because the original makers of like the first eight or nine M&M series & up to Heroes of Might & Magic IV (4) went bankrupt, and sold out to Ubisoft (who are, hands down, horrible with non-linear RPG's).

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
so THATS why....

i really would've liked a source version of MM7, i think they might've been able to pull it off too :(

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
evilsquirrel said:
so THATS why....

i really would've liked a source version of MM7, i think they might've been able to pull it off too :(

What do you mean a source version :oldshock:
Might & Magic is totally seperate from Half-Life & Gabe, it was a grand series commanded by 3DO until their fall and buy-out.... NOT A HALF-LIFE MOD THEREFORE NO SOURCE VERSION!!!

Or do you mean you wish they would've released one or two of their good games for free (since MMVIII & MMVII are the best ones ever made, plot-wise with decent graphics and video cutscenes to kick!).... or perhaps even you wish that they released source files to a game so it could be heavily & easily modified??

If you are talking about source files to the game, that would be awesome to have released... just to make it mod friendly... since Might & Magic series rocks and all, but some of them have pretty cruel errors (I've sunk through a map once or twice... on Dark Messiah when I get on a rope *thx to rope bow* that's too close to a wall and get off).