YES FIRST TOPIC!

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
was it really that hard to understand net?

here, i'll rephrase it - "I wish that 3DO or Ubisoft would have remade either MM7 or MM6 on the source engine which was made by valve, instead of making Might and Magic: Dark Messiah."

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
A source version of MM7 would've sucked; hands down. Good game where it is, if they made a source version of it... I believe they would've added multiplayer and removed virtually every item (save a few) and they would've made the multiplayer lethally linear like they did to Dark Messiah. It is a sham (sham, not shame) for 3DO's memory to work with Valve & the such. Great RPG's don't mix too well with great FPS's.

Besides, source engine may be mod friendly, but I doubt it is to the point of having a non-linear setup like in MSC... and linear games piss me off since you don't get any real choices except to finish the game, should you have been linear enough to finish the game I mean... point being, take a good look at Dark Messiah. Very few items compared to older MM games, few quest, no class system, poor leveling system.

If anybody were to work on putting MM7 on the source engine; quite honestly, I wouldn't trust anybody except the developers of THIS mod (MSC) to do it. They already have the idea of non-linear gameplay down, and should somebody like Ubisoft do it; I gaurantee linear gameplay, worst than Dark Messiah... if it wasn't linear they'd have put at least twelve years of work into it (since Ubisoft is poor with non-linear games, and I base that off Dark Messiah and the fact that Ubisoft isn't responsible for any of 3DO's work, being MM to MMIX *9*).

EDIT:
I just looked at the Ubisoft homepage; amazing... they jump in on already popular games & game titles & buy them out then make a sell-out using that game title.... I remember Myst back in the days, it was pretty good; I have read the reviews for Myst V (by Ubisoft), people expected something good, but apparently were sorely disappointed. Hurrah for Ubisoft gaying up the good names of good games, primarily that of 3DO and HOMM & MM series.