New Adventurer
Reaction score
Lol I guess that makes me a hipster then cause I'm not rich that's fo sure

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Does the new Ipad still needs you to connect it to a pc with itunes?

Duh silly question, most likely it does.

My problem is that I forget the ipad is not supposed to be a portable pc of sorts which lets you douwload programs from websites and such just like you do on your PC.

I kinda hate Apple when I found out apple stores dont have the same product in each country... yeah... my apple store doesnt have wolfenstein3D which is about the only game I wanted (and the vast majority of the games are paid flash games you can play for free on a PC)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Apple, is, freaking, evil... They make Microsoft look like a collection of Mother Teresas...

They managed to wipe "Mr. Daisy and the Apple Factory" off the web, entirely, in a single day (Youtube, NPR, Veoh - this thing is just *gone*). Claiming that, even though everything he said was true, it just didn't all happen in the same place, that the entire story was fabricated. (Which is why Apple doesn't dare sue Mike for liable.)

Steve Jobs started the Apple mission to reduce the Internet to a series of corporate owned channels, eliminating all user based content on the basis that "People want big produced movies and web sites, not a bunch of crappy indi ones". They practically invented DRM, and do everything they can to stop you from sharing data across applications, and devices, making everything proprietary. Then they stick spyware on your computer, like iTunes, which is now required with Quicktime, doing everything they can to bury and disable any third party software that serves the same functions, without the absolutely criminal EULA, that allows any of Apple's partners, the list of which is unavailable to the public, to search your computer for pirated media, remotely, without your knowledge, and even delete it without your permission. Nevermind everything they've done to destroy the computer industry, dumbing everything down, and removing all control from the end user. They back just about every piece of anti-free speech legislation, be it Internet related or not.

All this, while dolling out computers that cost several times that of a comparable PC, even though they use all the same components.

Seriously, f*ck those guys.

[/rant]

Lark

Old Skool Apostle
MSC Developer
Alpha Tester
MSR Developer
Lead MSR Developer
Reaction score
CrazyMonkeyDude said:
I am neither rich nor a hipster. So no.
I'm on the west coast... I think that automatically makes me a hipster regardless, right?
Thothie said:
They managed to wipe "Mr. Daisy and the Apple Factory" off the web, entirely, in a single day (Youtube, NPR, Veoh - this thing is just *gone*). Claiming that, even though everything he said was true, it just didn't all happen in the same place, that the entire story was fabricated. (Which is why Apple doesn't dare sue Mike for liable.)
This. THIS. All kinds of This! Seriously that was a nice rant.

Although, my work *MADE ME* get an iPhone. They bought it a couple years ago for me, even bought out my contract with Verizon for early termination, because the phone I had somtimes "dropped their calls" or I would occasionally get texts like a day late (which, as an IT guy, made things... troublesome. Although I still blame their AT&T service for that, because I hate AT&T and it used to/still does drop calls a lot). They won't let me get an Android, but at least I get free phone upgrades from AT&T (when they release a new generation, we get upgraded to the next-to-most-recent generation for free). I'm also not allowed to jailbreak my phone for some stupid reason... the company account gets a fine or some damn thing. It sucks, but at least I have an iOS device I can test apps on (mainly test on my roommate's HTC though). Which reminds me, Objective-C sucks.

2547732_700b.jpg

Edit: lol @ The Oatmeal

Shinitenshi

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Fk apple and jailbreak ur devices :) then u can get any game from any country :)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
Thothie said:
Mr. Daisy and the Apple Factory

wut?
http://www.thothie.com/random/censorship_log.rar <- password is gaz
It's an hour long comic routine, so leave it on in the background or something. It's neigh impossible to find. I wouldn't even have it, if Lady E hadn't archived it.

Hopefully I don't get shut down for that... But jeeze...

Everything there happened - it's just he didn't interview two of those folks personally, and one of those two was part of an incident at Wintex, rather than Foxconn... Though Foxconn was caught doing the same thing, and Wintex also makes components for Apple, so it really don't matter. He says he gathered them together for the sake of humanizing the stand-up narrative, and I suppose he's right in that it wouldn't have played quite as well.

Just give that over the next time your girlfriend, mother, or daughter puts an iPad on their Christmas list.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
With as tired as I am, I'm surprised I made it through without falling asleep... Dat voice...

I suppose it'll make me feel bad every time I boot my computer and it pops up FOXCONN

Srgnt Rehab

New Adventurer
DarkTide
Reaction score
Thothie said:
http://www.thothie.com/random/censorship_log.rar <- password is gaz
It's an hour long comic routine, so leave it on in the background or something. It's neigh impossible to find. I wouldn't even have it, if Lady E hadn't archived it.

Hopefully I don't get shut down for that... But jeeze...

Everything there happened - it's just he didn't interview two of those folks personally, and one of those two was part of an incident at Wintex, rather than Foxconn... Though Foxconn was caught doing the same thing, and Wintex also makes components for Apple, so it really don't matter. He says he gathered them together for the sake of humanizing the stand-up narrative, and I suppose he's right in that it wouldn't have played quite as well.

Just give that over the next time your girlfriend, mother, or daughter puts an iPad on their Christmas list.

Shinitenshi said:
did anyone here get one? i did ^^

Not sure if I took this out of context, but it still made me laugh...
Am I creepy for sitting in a dark room laughing about someone enjoying a new toy at the cost of people working in terrible conditions for terrible pay?

... probably. :wink:

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
It's funny how people are brainwashed into paying more for the apple brand.

I literally told a customer yesterday that this name-brand charger will charge their ipod/phone/pad faster and at half the price of the apple charger block (and It comes with an extra cable to to boot!). She grabs the apple block anyway. I wish I had the money to spend the extra on something worse just so it can say Apple on it. Kind of like buying Beats by Dre headphones.

Mikkel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
Yeah I got myself one, it's pretty cool.