Artistic style?

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Will master sword source have a distint style to it?

i'm not saying it should look anime-ish, but...as has been said before, non-photorealistic textures and models can dramatically reduce development time on media.

I think master sword source should go for a non-photorealistic, but still "believeable" look...for example, areas like towns, plains, and forests (low level areas) would look happy and cheery, but high level areas and dungeons would go for a more gritty look...that makes the player scared to be there for too long for fear of dying.

variance is the spice of life, but i'll kill you if i see a catgirl wielding a sword 3x as tall as her.

Kuroneko

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
evilsquirrel said:
I think master sword source should go for a non-photorealistic, but still "believeable" look...for example, areas like towns, plains, and forests (low level areas) would look happy and cheery, but high level areas and dungeons would go for a more gritty look...that makes the player scared to be there for too long for fear of dying.

Bingo.

evilsquirrel said:
variance is the spice of life, but i'll kill you if i see a catgirl wielding a sword 3x as tall as her.

/me sweeps some stuff under the dresser

FuzzyFish

Adventurer
Alpha Tester
MSU Developer
Reaction score
evilsquirrel said:

Exactly what I was trying to explain before. I just couldn't get it into words. :)

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
You're an idiot. Congratulations. We're proud of you.