Character Reset?

Should the characters be reset in the final '1.01' patch?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Don't care

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ewok

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Personally, I've thought about this some, I would suggest Character reset. The first release of Master Sword : Continued was unfortunately a buggy one. 1.01 would be a nice fresh start at the game. It would level the field since there were many balancing issues as well, making the game experience from here on out more fair.

- Ewok

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Sounds good to me. Too many exploits. I'd rather be sure than just hope.

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
I would say yes. Mainly because, hopefully not everyone will be running around with the best weapons, best armor that they didn't pay for etc.

I would love to actually earn my Perfect Hugger Dagger properly. Yes I got a Sharp one from thornlands but I did find a Perfect in a much more challengeing place. Along with the Perfect Skullblade. I've found these two weapons in their proper harder to get places <3

Blackadder

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I personally don't like that idea. I've spent too long leveling up my char and don't want to loose it all. And what happens when we find bugs/exploits in 101, reset again for 102?
I just don't think its worth it.
I don't mind if just server side char [fn] get reset (cause i don't have one) but please don't reset my client char as well.

dRkILL

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Too much has to change with the characters stats (such as concentration not being raised properly). It's easier just to start over.

Tradion

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
I find that most people worked to hard on their characters, and loosing that character will just bring about a reason not to play o.0. I dont agree with the reset o.o

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
It's only a week or so work.

I played Phantasy Star Online, clocked days of playtime and my character corrupted...I still started again.

I've played in many MMO betas for about a month just to have that erased...I carried on playing. I guess I'm just used to them.

Belmont

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I got 299 HP, Volcano, Thunder Storm, Blizzard, and all those good items... But I want that reset, getting this was easy.

Reset would be good, so go for it.

EDIT: Will "Duel" And "Trade" work in MS:C 1.01?

Innos

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Ya I may have a good character atm but starting over wont hurt its not like the end of the world I'll just get all the stuff back by working for it again and the'll have the spell casting fixed so it will be easer =P

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Personally, I think we'll be fine if we just delete "gasved's" character from the [FN] database, assuming he's on it (remind me to get his SteamID)... I've not seen too many hard core cheaters on the [FN] servers (if any).

On the client side servers, however, I've run into quite a few gods - but a character reset wont stop that.

I'm also sure we've not removed all the exploits - someone WILL find a new one.

But, if the only way to fix the bugs is to change the character format and reset them all, sobeit, better now than later.

Scottc

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Belmont said:
I got 299 HP, Volcano, Thunder Storm, Blizzard, and all those good items... But I want that reset, getting this was easy.

Reset would be good, so go for it.

EDIT: Will "Duel" And "Trade" work in MS:C 1.01?

i want to cast the damn spells before I get reset.

DarkWasp

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
I'm all for the reset, because with all these bugs, old and new, it is hard to keep a server running. The breakable crashes, the constant updates, the transition crashes and leftbehinds.

Some of you have got FN characters that are doing pretty well, but i'm sure there are a good few of you like myself who have suffered many server crashes and character bugs and things, so much so I decided to go cleint side and learn the game first.

With a reset everyone gets an eqaul chance, hoping servers will be ALOT more stable. And! Its only up to 3 weeks MAYBE 4 weeks lost, for those who have worked alot on their chars.

FuzzyFish

Adventurer
Alpha Tester
MSU Developer
Reaction score
I'm up for the reset. I'd be willing to clear out the database on the FN server for the update.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I'm all for the reset, because with all these bugs, old and new, it is hard to keep a server running. The breakable crashes, the constant updates, the transition crashes and leftbehinds.

Character reset will not help server stability.

I think the only bugs to be fixed that require character reset are the various XP bugs, and maybe inventory.

Just so you are informed in making your decision. ;)

Wolfhound

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I hope they hold off on the reset/fixing the sheaths and stuff until the bank is fixed, it would be a real pain to suddenly have the sheaths working correctly and nowhere to stash all those extra weapons. Also, if they reset with working sheaths and the bank is not fixed, you'd have to make some tough decisions about what weapons to take when you find a good one and your sheaths are already full of good weapons.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, that has nothing to do with the reset. I just hope they hold off on fixing the sheaths until the bank is worked out.

mrfranswa

New Adventurer
Reaction score
reset

I've talked with Mainframe about this a number of times. The only course for the mod is a reset. It benefits everyone in many ways.

-First off, the money exploit: This wasn't a mere 100 extra gold u could find, this was MILLIONS you could make within a few minutes!

-Secondly, the experience system is borked. Spellcasters suck. All of us who started as spellcasters are suffering!

-Exploits! Remember, if we don't delete teh old character base, people can just run version 1.0 whenever they want to cheat with their character, or get any item they want, (via some of the bugs).

-Boring! The game is just so boring now! Virus Scorpo's make doin adventures impossible for people with a level lower than 20. With the new patch, you will be able to level up MUCH faster than before.

There's a lot of reasons why we should reset. IT's not like your characters were saved over years of playing, it's been 10 days!

Hijacker27

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I want a reset.. for a couple reasons

1. Get rid of stuff gained through bugs or exploits
2. Out belts will suddenly be bulging with stuff that doesn't fit
3. Allows more game balancing, and all the stats lost through bugged leveling will be able to be regained

Dudeman418

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
To be honest, i dont want to lose my character and all that ive gained these past few days....but the best option would be to reset everything...

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
i definetly say no...spent ALOT of time working on my character.

however...all the exploits...i still dont want to loose my work thou.

however incompatibility with 1.0 is absolutely necessary all chars must be "updated" to 1.01
so you cant load the old v and cheat.

Mordred

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Hey i would not be very happy cause i did so much work to get my char where he is now.He isnt that strong like chars from others but i like it.
If the strong ones want to reset their chars they can.Just delete and make a new one.
But it would be a real loss to me if mine gets resetted.

Status
Not open for further replies.