Hehe ;)

Evaan

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I'd say make advantage of the server side stored character technology (along with the ite ban, assuming it's connected to the server?) and make an auction, or a merchant that takes in items from you and sells them.

Procedure is as follows:

Player hands item to merchant.
Merchant: What price would you like this item set to, Evaan?
Evaan: 100 gold
Merchant: Very well, I will list this short sword for 100 gold. Come see me again. If I've sold an item of yours, you can claim your price. I will take a mere quarter of that price.
*Evaan returns a few days later to see if the item is sold to some other player*
Evaan: Hail.
*game checks with server for gold given to merchant by selling items tagged with "Evaan" (or an ID number, to bypass potential character hickups, such as chinese. Steam ID, perhaps?).
Merchant: Hello, Evaan! I have some gold for you... Would you like to [claim] your gold?
Evaan: I'd like to claim it, yes.
Merchant: Very well! As agreed, I take a quarter of the total. Here's your part, 75 gold to you!
*Evaan recieves 75 gold*

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Evaan said:
I'd say make advantage of the server side stored character technology (along with the ite ban, assuming it's connected to the server?) and make an auction, or a merchant that takes in items from you and sells them.

Procedure is as follows:

Player hands item to merchant.
Merchant: What price would you like this item set to, Evaan?
Evaan: 100 gold
Merchant: Very well, I will list this short sword for 100 gold. Come see me again. If I've sold an item of yours, you can claim your price. I will take a mere quarter of that price.
*Evaan returns a few days later to see if the item is sold to some other player*
Evaan: Hail.
*game checks with server for gold given to merchant by selling items tagged with "Evaan" (or an ID number, to bypass potential character hickups, such as chinese. Steam ID, perhaps?).
Merchant: Hello, Evaan! I have some gold for you... Would you like to [claim] your gold?
Evaan: I'd like to claim it, yes.
Merchant: Very well! As agreed, I take a quarter of the total. Here's your part, 75 gold to you!
*Evaan recieves 75 gold*

I like that, but also a good ol trading gui window where you can give some items for gold or other items, sort of like Runescape.

DocMombo

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Arkanthis said:
Gurluas said:
But runescape has something MSC lacks, a trading system
Hmm, what if someone made a map completely deedicated to trading. Like set up something similar to the storage system, and put it on a server that can't change maps to prevent some problems.

I would see how you would compare MS:C to runescape. Its like an fps, more action oriented, runescape, and that the graphics look similar(no offence to the modlers, I know theres limits of what you can do with the HL1 engine and the complexity of the maps).
The MSC modelers seem to be so afraid of the "limit" that they don't stray much further than slightly modified primitives. Offense intended.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
DocMombo is right! How dare those modellers try to avoid "hitting the limit"! All models, whether they be monsters or items, should have as many polys as it takes to get them to look completely realistic looking! My less than one year old computer only lags slightly when a large wave of monsters spawns! We need the models to be so realistic that it KILLS my computer if the spawn is too big! Screw low end computers! Screw the modellers and their inability to add more shapes, animations, joints, etc! It's not like we need people to be able to run the game!

[/satire]

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I like the simple PFCK/sharp knife model :(

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
MiB... ZING!

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
zing.gif
for The Man In Black.

DocMombo, you suck. You are criticizing models that are (mostly) years and years old, back when Half-Life modding was still developing. As far as I know, the only new recent models are the novablade, rune blade of affliction, lesser ice blade and greater ice blade models. I dare you say those look bad.

You can continue with your nonsense if you can make (and also give Thothie) better models.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Indeed it was. J-M tells it how like it is.