Hell's Diner Server Abuse

vertthrasher

New Adventurer
Reaction score
There aren't many servers in msc, especially ones where I get good ping (Hell's diner is the only one I get ping under 100). Three other people were playing in the server with me, and simply because they wanted "less lag" because they were doing "speed runs", they repeatedly votekicked me. Granted, if it was THEIR server I would be completely fine with leaving because they (Hemeriodius , Shellshocked , and mr1337) would have owned the server. But they don't and have no right to kick me just because I am outnumbered and they wanted to play alone. It would be the same thing if me and a couple of my friends wanted to play alone on someone else's server and just votekicked anyone else who came in. It's complete BS and should be dealt with. It's far worse than cheating.

Just felt like sharing my story.

shellshocked

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Sorry, man... But you were kinda, low level for the map =_= and we wanted to go to Nightmare_Thornlands after, which you couldnt do anything, sorry about that but, Claiming you get best ping..... ping is hardly a matter i find in ms:c dont know about you... I dont think ping gives you the ability to stay on one server only...

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
They've the right to be there just as much as you, despite their level. I hear of this happening to other people, and I can't help but facepalm...

shellshocked

New Adventurer
Reaction score
We wished for Sam to go to, The newbie server which was empty so he could gain more exp rather than stand around with us. He later complained that his ping is too high there and said he has to stay here for his ping

Facepalm???? please define

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
facepalm.jpg

subenji99

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I see it this way - If a newbie joins, unless you are in the middle of a gauntlet run or a boss fight, Higher level players should drop what they're doing and help a new player out. New players are the lifeblood of the game - without them, all remaining players will hit level 40 in 2 months or so and get bored, leaving MS:C with NO players at all.

If we put these people off the game from the start, we're shooting ourselves in the foot.

vertthrasher, know that this is the exception. Most players would request for you to go to the newbie server, but not actually kick you out - if you wanted to stick around as the server changed to a more difficult level, it would be your choice :p A good amount of decent people here would be glad to help you learn the game too. Don't let the bad experience with the close-knit mic whoring Hemeriodius, Shellshocked, and mr1337 group put you off.

vertthrasher

New Adventurer
Reaction score
shellshocked said:
Sorry, man... But you were kinda, low level for the map =_= and we wanted to go to Nightmare_Thornlands after, which you couldnt do anything, sorry about that but, Claiming you get best ping..... ping is hardly a matter i find in ms:c dont know about you... I dont think ping gives you the ability to stay on one server only...

Okay, first off, you need to get your story straight. The noob server WAS ON nightmare_thornlands, so if I would have gone there, it wouldn't have mattered. Secondly, YOU GUYS told me to leave because of lag. Claiming I have the best ping is a pretty damn good reason to stay in a server if other people are complaining about THEIR ping which has nothing to do with me. The reason that all of you gave me to leave was that "I was lagging the server and you guys wanted to "speedrun"". Repeatedly kicking and then trying to ban a player just because you want to play by yourself is ridiculous. Not only all of this, but Hell's Diner was on mscaves which is an excellent map for me to play on in terms of leveling and treasure. "I was kind of a low level for that map" is completely 100% BS. I can beat pretty much the entire map on my own as long as someone else can take out the fire goblin. You only wanted to switch to Nightmare_thornlands after I had stated "I can't go to the noob server because it's on nightmare thornlands and I hate that map". Then Hemerodius said "HEY GUYS LETS SWITCH TO NIGHTMARE TO MAKE HIM LEAVE".

I hate people who try to manipulate details.

Durak

New Adventurer
Reaction score
This sounds pretty bad. What jerks. I'll play some today and you can join my server ;).

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
vertthrasher said:
shellshocked said:

Okay, first off, you need to get your story straight. The noob server WAS ON nightmare_thornlands, so if I would have gone there, it wouldn't have mattered. Secondly, YOU GUYS told me to leave because of lag. Claiming I have the best ping is a pretty damn good reason to stay in a server if other people are complaining about THEIR ping which has nothing to do with me. The reason that all of you gave me to leave was that "I was lagging the server and you guys wanted to "speedrun"". Repeatedly kicking and then trying to ban a player just because you want to play by yourself is ridiculous. Not only all of this, but Hell's Diner was on mscaves which is an excellent map for me to play on in terms of leveling and treasure. "I was kind of a low level for that map" is completely 100% BS. I can beat pretty much the entire map on my own as long as someone else can take out the fire goblin. You only wanted to switch to Nightmare_thornlands after I had stated "I can't go to the noob server because it's on nightmare thornlands and I hate that map". Then Hemerodius said "HEY GUYS LETS SWITCH TO NIGHTMARE TO MAKE HIM LEAVE".

I hate people who try to manipulate details.
Heh, this is why the votepvp option is my favorite vote :D

Durak

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I actually just played a little with Hemeriodius and mr1337 on calruin2. They were using vent and I couldn't really hear them through my music/low volume but I heard mr1337 tell me to fuck off twice. I wasn't doing anything so I wonder what was wrong with them. I won't ban them from my server unless they're dicks on it though.

Edit: Oh, and I'm level 30 so I don't think level was the reason ;).

Hemeriodius

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Pffft he wrote the whole story rong we asked nicely about 6-7 times for him to go to the under400HP server wich was empty and he completly ignored us

Hemeriodius

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Seriously the lower lvl server was empty who cares if it was on Nightmare_thornlands its called a votemap also please dont complain about your ping the lowest ping i ever get is 300 so dont whine. Also we asked nicely for you to leave many times and the only reason i brought up the lag issue is becouse we were votemaping alot and ever unnamed contributes to the lag.

But either way im sorry for what i did and its to bad we got off to a bad start im useually a fairly freandly guy infact i spend more time helping new playrs then lvling my own char up but i havnt been my self latly so im sorry (please exuse my awfull spelling :p)

vecraude

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Im sorry but i was in that calruin2 run and all I can say is I dunno if it was vent or the mic settings for the game, but if it was the game, it was me who was the one using the language cause I like being helped not babied.

And on a note that is this topic, heme, shell, and mr1337 were watching out for your skills and you go so much as to complain about their care in your leveling? thats pretty rude. Now if you asked if they would help you A BIT then maybe they would take some time out afterwards and help, but just throwing a fit and comming to the forums is a little much that isnt going to gain you any amount of respect.

This is what I did with heme, he came to the server I was grinding on alone and changed it to mscave, I let it fly cause he wanted to get something real quick, then he did it again once or twice more sayin he was after a rare chest spawn. Well I racked up a deal with him sayin if he would get me one of these helms then I wouldnt mind one bit if he took control over the maps since it was just me and him.

Well in the end I got a few levels, a new friend, and a bit of help with darogoth which was cool cause ive never really ran completely through darogoth before. But what im sayin is be respectful to higher level players and they will be respectful to you and help you out. hope this helps all the new players out there! ^_^

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I used around 15 minutes trying to understand the whole conversation.

Hemeriodius said:
Seriously the lower lvl server was empty who cares if it was on Nightmare_thornlands its called a votemap also please dont complain about your ping the lowest ping i ever get is 300 so dont whine. Also we asked nicely for you to leave many times and the only reason i brought up the lag issue is becouse we were votemaping alot and ever unnamed contributes to the lag.

But either way im sorry for what i did and its to bad we got off to a bad start im useually a fairly freandly guy infact i spend more time helping new playrs then lvling my own char up but i havnt been my self latly so im sorry (please exuse my awfull spelling :p)

OMG WTF DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THAT!
vecraude said:
Im sorry but i was in that calruin2 run and all I can say is I dunno if it was vent or the mic settings for the game, but if it was the game, it was me who was the one using the language cause I like being helped not babied.

And on a note that is this topic, heme, shell, and mr1337 were watching out for your skills and you go so much as to complain about their care in your leveling? thats pretty rude. Now if you asked if they would help you A BIT then maybe they would take some time out afterwards and help, but just throwing a fit and comming to the forums is a little much that isnt going to gain you any amount of respect.

This is what I did with heme, he came to the server I was grinding on alone and changed it to mscave, I let it fly cause he wanted to get something real quick, then he did it again once or twice more sayin he was after a rare chest spawn. Well I racked up a deal with him sayin if he would get me one of these helms then I wouldnt mind one bit if he took control over the maps since it was just me and him.

OMG WTF DIDN'T UNDERSTAND MUCH OF THAT EITHER!

Now, to get to the important part.

vecraude said:
Well in the end I got a few levels, a new friend, and a bit of help with darogoth which was cool cause ive never really ran completely through darogoth before. But what im sayin is be respectful to higher level players and they will be respectful to you and help you out. hope this helps all the new players out there! ^_^

You all got along nicely, so who cares if I didn't understand the other part. Congratulations on getting along with someone whom you started out to hate. That is very rare in this community. :D Basicly, you guys did a good job handling this civilized. Handling-it-civilized > speaking-good-English.