I'm now an Army National Guardsmen

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I just finished up my enlistment into the Army National Guard today. I was sworn in, signed my final contract, and everything. I'll be working as a Heavy Construction Equipment Operator with the 1376th Engineering Corps, and ship out to basic (immediately followed by AIT) on May 25th next year. I start drills next weekend. Yep, I quietly went ahead and enlisted without letting you MSC nubcaeks know (my Guildies knew, but maybe they didn't? depends on if they read the Guild thread). ^^

I scored a 98 on my AFQT (overall asvab score, maxes out at 99), and flew through my physical. Only negative is that I am legally color-blind (just a bit, though - seems I can't differentiate too well between certain shades of red and green, but can tell the colors apart at large). That just means I can't be an aviation mechanic, though - still a lot of other things I qualify for.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Netrogor said:
(my Guildies knew, but maybe they didn't? depends on if they read the Guild thread)
I'm sorry man, I read that post but I forgot to respond :X

Anyway, great job :mrgreen:
I figured you'd "fly through" the physical tests after that one time you told me how much you used to run every day!

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I don't run eight miles every morning like I used to, but I still get in four miles a day with forty pounds strapped to my back (of course, the Army increased their expectations from seventy-five to one-hundred pounds for two miles and in under fourteen minutes).
My recruiter is hoping to see me put on some weight after I ship out for basic, at the end of my school year. Said I'll be fed high calorie food and worked like hell through drills and PT, so he expects me to come back with twenty more pounds of nothing but muscle (I'm a lightweight as is, 5' 6" at 130.5 pounds).

HomestarR

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Chow hall serves high calorie food. Doesn't mean they give you time to eat it. Be prepared for the old "lick a biscuit, hydrate, and get out" routine.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Already doing that - I go to drills for the first time this weekend. I'm not required to start them until January, but am voluntarily doing more than expected of me so I can go above & beyond all expectations levied on me.