Labyrinth?

Should Master Sword: Continued have a Labyrinth based map of epic proportions?

• Yes.

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • No.

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kai

New Adventurer
Reaction score
So guys, I'm still mapping and yes, I am still working on sky_tower.

But, I want to do a map that's fun to make, and would be great to have! I'm thinking a giant Labyrinth, one of monstrous size that will challenge the player with twists and turns. But beware, it's no walk in the park. Traps, monsters, death! :evil:

You get the idea huh? Well what do you think? if you guys think a Huge Labyrinth with traps, monsters, and tricks is a good idea, then vote! and I will make it. :D

subenji99

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I'd say make it dynamic - either make it have multiple layouts (walls with multiple set positions, on map load trigger and a random number gen) or a maze that's constantly changing (walls move around randomly etc) - otherwise once the layout is figured, your map won't be very exciting.

It's not a bad idea though - will it be somewhat freeroam with transitions to deeper maps (eg mscave) or a gauntlet map with a boss and loot - or a combination?

Liv

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
After first play u remember all ways in labirynth. If it possible make changing map ;)

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I remember making such a map once for 1.3, it was called maze or something, it had random func_door opening and closing, thus making a unique maze each time you play it
you had to find a treasure, and several rooms were full of dangerous monsters, back then it was usually, murmurs, undamaels, calrians, and such monsters.

Along with bmountain_breakable they were the best 1.3 maps ever.

Before crow's maps and thothies fixes for 1.3 of course.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
[offtopic]

Ok, I was tired and reading to fast, but I read "bmountain_breakable" as "Brokeback Mountain" >_<

[/offtopic]

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
It was a very very very tall mountain made of rock, in 1.3 it used multiplayer collision, no matter how much you fell you would always loose 10 hp, so we went all the way to the top, and destroyed the mountain using arrows and fell down, then reloaded the map.'

Bmountain meant Bloodrose Mountain.

Snow Wolf / RaZoR

New Adventurer
Reaction score
kai said:
I'm thinking a giant Labyrinth, one of monstrous size that will challenge the player with twists and turns. But beware, it's no walk in the park. Traps, monsters, death! :evil:

gtfo.

Tull

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Snow Wolf / RaZoR said:
kai said:
I'm thinking a giant Labyrinth, one of monstrous size that will challenge the player with twists and turns. But beware, it's no walk in the park. Traps, monsters, death! :evil:

gtfo.
No offence, but according to the vote, you seems to be the only one expressing this feeling.

Snow Wolf / RaZoR

New Adventurer
Reaction score
tbh, i dont really care about that, lol. I'd voted yes if he gave me map overview :D, OR it would be cool if theres an big place with much monsters and there u get da mapz overwiewz

Durak

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Snow Wolf / RaZoR said:
I'd voted yes if he gave me map overview :D

That basically sums up your opinion of a challenge.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
kai, I hope your mazes are awesome, and that they will make razor whine endlessly(until he's kicked) :D

!=-PhoeniX-=!

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
Snow Wolf, your never up to a maze i bet you get mad at the lost_castle maze...

OVERVIEWS RUIN MAZES!!!!!

IARI

New Adventurer
Reaction score
If you would manage to make a dynamic (maybe even 3-dimensional?) maze where Evryone gets lost and no matter how often you load it it always takes an hour to find the real cool chest i'd be impressed

i'd love to see that :)

Tull

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
IARI said:
If you would manage to make a dynamic (maybe even 3-dimensional?) maze where Evryone gets lost and no matter how often you load it it always takes an hour to find the real cool chest i'd be impressed

i'd love to see that :)
Confusing 3d maze, eh? Reminds me of ms_caves (no, not mscave)

!=-PhoeniX-=!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
How about look into Diablo's level designs. They have great dungeons that take sometimes hours to find the boss or next floor and all that other stuff.

Durak

New Adventurer
Reaction score
!=-PhoeniX-=! said:
How about look into Diablo's level designs. They have great dungeons that take sometimes hours to find the boss or next floor and all that other stuff.

Hours? You're terrible :roll:.

!=-PhoeniX-=!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Ok so maybe not hours maybe a few minutes to an hour? (Unless its the retarded catacombs i hate them).

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
I should add that I am in fact making a map with a giant maze in it already, fact at its current rate I may take mibs map I been working on and break it down into 3 different maps so I can detail them better.

map 1 the town
map 2 semi difficult maze
map 3 scary hard maze

the quest on the map will only require you to go as far as map 2 however, anyone willing to go all the way to map 3 may find some interesting stuff. either way I was thinking along this line only for the fact it would allow me to add more details where I want them within the 3 different maps instead of a bland generic giant map.

on a side note, I have done enough brush work as of now for about 5 different maps... If I can ever get the brush work the way I wan't and get the entities in there and what not I may just have to release a Blasto121 map pack.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Blasto, I'm perfectly fine with you breaking it up, but if you do, release 1 & 2 and leave a trans for 3. I NEEDZ THE THING INGAME PL0X.

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
Blasto, I'm perfectly fine with you breaking it up, but if you do, release 1 & 2 and leave a trans for 3. I NEEDZ THE THING INGAME PL0X.
The Man In Black said:
but if you do, release 1 & 2 and leave a trans for 3. I NEEDZ THE THING INGAME PL0X.

The Man In Black said:
I NEEDZ THE THING INGAME PL0X.

The Man In Black said:

just for that I won't

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Blasto121 said:
The Man In Black said:
The Man In Black said:
but if you do, release 1 & 2 and leave a trans for 3. I NEEDZ THE THING INGAME PL0X.

The Man In Black said:

The Man In Black said:

just for that I won't

OWNED!

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Sabre said:
Blasto121 said:
The Man In Black said:
The Man In Black said:

The Man In Black said:

The Man In Black said:

just for that I won't

OWNED!
OWNED!

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Maybe i should find the old 1.3 maze...hmm

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Gurluas said:
I remember making such a map once for 1.3, it was called maze or something

So I don't think it's megalvls, however if you do have your huge epic map pack, maybe it's included?