MS:C crashes when i click on char

Meatwad

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Whenever i join a server and click on my character, my ms:c freezes and when i minimize it, i see this error that says: Unhandled Exception While Deallocating Memory. This just started happening today and i don't know what the cause of it is. Can someone please help me?

Screenshot:

error.jpg

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
A lot of things cause this (although we've licked the most common cause). Often it's just yer out of memory and Winderz can't pull up virtual memory quick enough. It may go away if ye reboot.

Thraxis

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
if you are running under Vista there is almost no real way to fix it besides delaying it by making MSC high priority.

However, as I gather you'd have posted this sooner if that was the case, i've no clue. If you are hogging up your ram/cpu it may cause issues.

Meatwad

New Adventurer
Reaction score
ok it stopped and i am using vista (no choice)

Thraxis

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
It will trigger on and off (I too had to deal with vista without choice for a while). The only temporary fixes I found some success in was always triggering HL.exe to run at high priority and if you are still getting hte error often (every other map or so) just to reboot. Granted there may be other ways to open up some memory space that I didn't care to look for and someone more savvy with computer optimzation may be able to help you with.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Hmmm... I don't get this on my Vista laptop... Are you using an ATI graphics card?

Not that I'm encouraging use of Vista mind you. No gamer in his right mind should use Vista. ;)

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Hmmm... I don't get this on my Vista laptop... Are you using an ATI graphics card?

Not that I'm encouraging use of Vista mind you. No gamer in his right mind should use Vista. ;)
WRONG CUZ WUT IF YOU WANT LIEK DX10 FOR UR GRAFIX ^_^

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Sabre, you have until the count of 3 until I-*stabs you*

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
LOLWUT I WOOD BAI VISTUH 4 DX10 CAUSE I R AWSUM GAYMER LOL

subenji99

New Adventurer
Reaction score
OMG I IS AWSUM WIV MAH DX10 PREETY WATR UND SH4DW AFFECTZ!!!111!!!!ONE!
I rofl'd :p

An actual bug though - when I was creating a 2nd chracter earlier, MS:C would crash if I mouseover'd the "Accept" button on typing a name. This happened on both PC's I have here. Pressing Enter worked fine though :p