Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Just to clarify:
This is for MS v1.35 - NOT for MS:C!

Just cuz everyone's doing reskins, and Crow seemed to want one:

elf_bow_vmodel_t.jpg
(click image to enlarge)

It's very umm... Elven... Gold trimmed, gold handle, and gold glowing bowstring.

Biggest advantage is that the viewmodel features a transparent arrow - so the arrow won't block your view. (Really, shoulda done the same with the bow itself, but somehow, that arrow in my face has always bothered me.)

elf_bow_floor.jpg
elf_bow_hands.jpg

If you look VERY closely, you will see elven writing on the hilt:

elf_bow_text.jpg
(says, "In the darkness bind them." - I think.) :roll:

Ye Download: http://www.thothie.com/ms/elven_bow.rar

Unzip to Steam\SteamApps\urname\half-life\ms

If you need a RAR unzipper go here.

Note: This will affect your standard wooden longbow as well.
"V. bored in Barad-Dur. Nothing to do but play Scrabble with Orcs. Is v. annoying as Orcs only know Black Speech of Mordor. You try spelling Azg Nazg Gimbatul for a triple word score. Yeah, I didn?t think so." - Ring Wraith #5, V. Secret Diaries
Saint Thoth

PS. Also note in first screen shot high-color health vial - I wanna make the colors more intense before I send that out, as it came out kinda dull (seeing as how people are actually using the one I put up).

Gaz

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Smart :D Was it a proper re-skin?

Or just a skin change?

• Admin

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I wouldn't even know the difference. ;)

I didn't recompile the model, if that's what yer at, I just used Jed's HL model viewer.

Witness of God

New Adventurer
Christian Warrior's of God
Reaction score
Love it! Btw where would you go about finding the Elven language so that you can use it in game development?

• Admin

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
First thine need a Sindirin Dictionary, I suppose... Like this one. Then you need an elvish font... Like this one. Then you need to find some really nerdy young ladies you can impress with this knowledge... Like this one. ;)

Tolkein's Elvish is really some old dead French(?) language as I recall. No, I don't actually speak it... Though I know a girl who does... And I know another who speaks Klingon. I love my ex's. ;)

PS. Are my cookies fudged up, or are other people having trouble staying logged in here? (Damn subscription plugin prob doing somethin...)

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Thothie said:
PS. Are my cookies fudged up, or are other people having trouble staying logged in here? (Damn subscription plugin prob doing somethin...)
Since five days or so, I need to log in twice every time when I come here to... log in :oldshock:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
So it's not just me then... Also seems to be driving my subscribe thing crazy (gives me alert whenever there's new post here, but I guess it's having trouble logging in.)

Lord K, save the forums! ;)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Been there, done that. :?

Kuroneko

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Been there, done that. :?

Well, I was having the same problem and that fixed it so... =\

Witness of God

New Adventurer
Christian Warrior's of God
Reaction score
Thothie said:
First thine need a Sindirin Dictionary, I suppose... Like this one. Then you need an elvish font... Like this one. Then you need to find some really nerdy young ladies you can impress with this knowledge... Like this one. ;)

Tolkein's Elvish is really some old dead French(?) language as I recall. No, I don't actually speak it... Though I know a girl who does... And I know another who speaks Klingon. I love my ex's. ;)

Thanks :D That will help so much! Btw do you have a myspace?

Blaze

New Adventurer
Reaction score
"In the darkness bind them."

One ring to rule them all, one right to find them, and in the darkness Bind them!

yay lord of the rings :D nice reskin!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Seems all my bloody friends are on myspace, but I've thus far managed to resist the trend, or more accurately, my account is 'cloaked'. Hobbypage covered it all IMO, however flamboyantly, and there are people on myspace I'd rather not wind up meeting again, even virtually. ;)
"Escaped from Mordor. Have made way to Shire. Am v. disappointed that in last few weeks no one has responded to personal ad placed in Shire Weekly: 'Toothless, fetid greenish creature ISO blue-eyed curly-headed hobbit. Must enjoy squatting in darkness, jewelry-fondling, and referring to self in third person. No smokers.'"- V. Secret Diaries
Thothie

DarkWasp

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Seems all my bloody friends are on myspace, but I've thus far managed to resist the trend, or more accurately, my account is 'cloaked'. Hobbypage covered it all IMO, however flamboyantly, and there are people on myspace I'd rather not wind up meeting again, even virtually. ;)

I have that same problem. Cept I do not even have a "cloaked" acount.

I think it has adware and spyware all over it anyway.