New armor thread: Concepts

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
We had one of these, but it's long dead, so I shall begin anew.

I call this one the Gilded Leather Armor.
a-2.gif

And then, to grab some attention, my Ice Mail:

the_keep0000.jpg

You may also post concepts here of armor; FER made a weapon concept thread.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I think my armor can potentially be bad ass if it had a proper skin.[/HINT][/HINT][/HINT][/HINT][/HINT][/HINT][/HINT][/HINT][/HINT]

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
P|Barnum said:
I think my armor can potentially be bad ass if it had a proper skin.[/HINT][/HINT][/HINT][/HINT][/HINT][/HINT][/HINT][/HINT][/HINT]

What armor?! Give it hur!

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I love them (Mostly that vest :D) but if that ice armor makes you immune to ice, wouldn't that be kinda unbalance? :S Ice and Fire are the two top elements used in this mod, and I'm kinda annoyed with Phoenix, not only making you completely immune to fire but it also heals you :| That like making armor that heals you when struck with a sword.

I think thothie should avoid making more armor/equipment that immunes you to stuff.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Like the vest, eh? What else should I add to it?

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
magical armors must have low defense to compensate the awesome elemental absorption ability (I support the idea of not increasing phoenix armor's defense)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
If ya have skins, send em up, but we've hit a snag with the armor that if we keep the current display work around, we seem to be limited to the number we can have (seems to be 8 per model), so don't expect me to add armors willy nilly, unless someone fixes the armor display bug proper.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
what about helmets thothie? i finished a Helmet that looks in my opinion pretty bad ass... it just have to get my internet on my computer so i can share it.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I suppose we're still limitless on the helms so long as we keep them in that seperate model.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I suggest a vote for Armor Bug Fix vs New Armors <_<

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
i think we should fix the bug first, other wise whats the point of adding new armors?

edit: honestly though... its the codes as fucked up as iv been reading... it may end up that who ever codes "MiB" or "Thothie" or "who ever" may just have to completely re-code it no?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
edit: honestly though... its the codes as **** up as iv been reading... it may end up that who ever codes "MiB" or "Thothie" or "who ever" may just have to completely re-code it no?
Yeah, cuz that wouldn't take three+ years and be completely incompatible with your current characters or anything.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Well...I'm no coder, so if I think of a new armor, I'll put it up, and if you want it, just say "OY! I want this plzkthxbai." Also...I haven't thought of reskinning helms yet...Hrm... :twisted:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
"OY! I want this plzkthxbai."

I've no idea why people repeatedly put up pictures of their work here and then never make any links to any usable product.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
That would be good. Unfortunately nobody uses that thread of unfinished models

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
BUMP:
@P: Did you get my PM?

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Yes and I redownloaded the UV Mapping program and I am trying to fix it... Might take a while. If you could get someone else to do that (Vomica, Gaz) it would go much quicker and look a whole lot better... But good luck with that. I have been trying since I released the models :?

Red Cell

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
edit: honestly though... its the codes as **** up as iv been reading... it may end up that who ever codes "MiB" or "Thothie" or "who ever" may just have to completely re-code it no?
Yeah, cuz that wouldn't take three+ years and be completely incompatible with your current characters or anything.

I can build a time machine and then everything will be AOK

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Necropost, cause P doesn't respond to a PM...At any rate, I've been commissioned to take a crack at his armor boss for his map...He's going for a style that I can only describe as "Pathos-esque" ;)...Here is what I was able to polish up so far...
a-3.gif

Suggestions?
Note that I have only done the midsection insofar, the other parts are still needing a redux, after some UVmapping issues that I just found a workaround for. Which reminds me:
@P: Jed's HLMV lets you export the UVmap into a JPEG...Which is easy cause it will match the UVmap that's built into the file, and it's already sized.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
You're reskinning this to make it Pathos-esque...? Will it be an entirely new monster or the same thing ("Armor of the Fallen") with a new skin?

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Yea sorry I didnt reply to your PM. I have been hurrying trying to get this map done for the next patch. No J-M, it will be the same monster.

Sabre, I'm not a big fan of "fish-scale" armor :oops: . Anything Hard metal like.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
P|Barnum said:
Yea sorry I didnt reply to your PM. I have been hurrying trying to get this map done for the next patch. No J-M, it will be the same monster.

Sabre, I'm not a big fan of "fish-scale" armor :oops: . Anything Hard metal like.

Fair enough...Mind if I take the left side and invert the colors for the right side?