Sleeping problems

Gorynych

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Yep, We all have the at some point, Some worse than others.

I am Writing to ask for assistance that you may be able to provide me with. For the past 3 days, I've been going to bed tired, but being unable to get ANY rest. Maybe 1 hour, per night. I'm being serious. I lie down, feeling TOTALLY tired, but can't rest at all.
It is irritating to go to school and know i've had nearly no sleep, but my body feels refreshed.

I doubt it's because of Coffee, i drink 3 mugs per day (weekdays) Each large mug contains 550ml, This may seem like an obvious problem, but i've been drinking like that for a LONG time. So i doubt it's that.

Any Assistance you can give me would be helpfull.

3 Days, My eyes are red as hell...:p

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Even though it doesn't look like the cause of your insomnia, have you considered staying off coffee anyway? Mayhaps the coffee + something else makes you stay awake, but if you subtract coffee from the equation, that something else wont be enough to keep you awake? :wink:

Gorynych

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I'll stay off the coffee for today, I've already had one, so too late for that :p
I'm not stressed or anything, Normally i sleep even when i'm stressed. And it's not like Christmas sleeping, where you can't get to sleep because some guy will come down your chimney and leave you packages.

Thanks though.

cartman-2000

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
It would probably help laying back on the coffee, 3 cups like that would have somewhere around 500-700mg of caffeine. As I'm an insomniac my self, I'd probably have it a bit worse if I had that much caffeine in one day.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
In need of moar vacations.

Gorynych

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
In need of less Skewl?! AMARITE?!

Anyway, Hopefully i'll get some sleep now, Starting Learning C++ Tomorrow, WOOO! i'll need the rest :)

Nighty Night MS:C :oldlol:

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I used to be unable to sleep too, and MSC was my precious main time killer ;) But later I found out, in my case at least, that taking a nap some afternoons was working well. You wake up 2-3 hours later, refreshed and then I was able to sleep at night.

Maybe it sounds stupid, but I think your body is asking too hard for rest, so hard that it prevents you from sleeping.
Sometimes when you're having fun on your computer or something, you don't feel like sleeping at all, but as soon as something happens that prevents you from playing, you feel an urge to sleep immediatly and it works ;) just don't fight it until it passes because you won't be able to sleep after.

And another thing, maybe it's just me too but sometimes I drink 4 energy drinks + 2 large coffees in the evening, and it doesn't prevent me from sleeping at all when I want to sleep.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Gorynych said:
Starting Learning C++ Tomorrow, WOOO!

Hell, you better hope you dont get boring classes like myself and end up moving into another thing. Though i really wanted to learn c++ back then but the classes were just too much and putting me sleepy, maybe ill *try* learning myself some more in the future when i have more free time to waste, might not be much of a big problem since i learned a few basics, but its still a nightmare to get the hang of this stuff. :oldangry:

Gorynych

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Learning it in my spare time, Since I have too much of it.

When I leave school I want to be a Programmer anyway :p

So far, Reduced coffee intake by 100%, Still nothing :/
Passed my Administration Nataional Assesment, so hopefully that'll calm me down a bit :|

Edit : Hurr Durr, time to try and sleep. I Better get some! It's Friday tomorrow!

G'Night MS:C

Wrath

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Have you tried taking any sleeping medication? If not then you should do that.

Gorynych

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Wrath said:
Have you tried taking any sleeping medication? If not then you should do that.

I'm 15 :/

I managed to get like 4 hours sleep, just purely out of punching walls.

Pain = exhausting = sleepy = sleep = good
Pain = Good :p

I would take medication but it seems a bit far, At least I got SOME sleep tonight. Some sleeps better than no sleep.
Perhaps it'll go away soon.

Tigerkev

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Heroes of Dawn
Reaction score
Seems you like pain, why don't try SM? Mabye it's better then :roll:

Gorynych

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Tigerkev said:
Seems you like pain, why don't try SM? Mabye it's better then :roll:

Olol, That's not my thing, I'm really fed up with this sleeping problem, I'd take pills if i wasn't afraid i'd O'D or somthing stupid like that. It's Friday, I'm tired, i'm Waiting for tomorrow. We'll see what happens.

By the way, Energy drinks, Coffee and Sugar pills are great!

Gorynych

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
haseo said:
if it aint working then you haven't done it enough times..

QFT, I managed to get Sleep. HURRAH!
Took so much energy stuff, that when my sugar rush ended, I fell asleep instantly.

6 Hours FTW

Wrath

New Adventurer
Reaction score
If your old enough to take coffee to give yourself energy your old enough to take drugs to help you sleep.

Gorynych

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
There's no age restrication to drink coffee.

I'm pretty sure if i go into an Alchemi *Cough* A pharmacy, they wont sell me any form of sleeping tablets.

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Isn't it messed up how there's no age restriction on one of the most addictive drugs that is readily accepted in our society? ;)

Wrath

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Gorynych said:
There's no age restrication to drink coffee.

I'm pretty sure if i go into an Alchemi *Cough* A pharmacy, they wont sell me any form of sleeping tablets.

Sure they will! Also remember drugs will solve all your problems.