Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Yes, but implement a new measure:

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters

DarkSnack

Adventurer
Shadows of Torkalath
Reaction score
Why are you being such a whiny c*nt about this?
Whiny c*nt eh? Surely someone hasn't read the thread redcell made.
But no I'm not upset about some crest that have no affect on gameplay whatsoever so moving on.

This is pretty much the only MORPG, or even RPG I know of, that lets you have, pretty much every power and every item in the game, on every single character.
Not true there's several more.

At the moment, there are no other exclusive items - you can have EVERY item in the game - except this ONE ITEM, and some people just cant handle that.
"Some" people, you'd be suprised how many people want this removed.

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
But no I'm not upset about some crest that have no affect on gameplay whatsoever so moving on.
If you aren't concerned about inconsequential items with no effect on gameplay, why are you concerned about the felewyn shard?

And they are all stupid. This is literally the worst game I've ever played because everyone can have everything. I long for the day when we can have a class system that makes this game playable in more than one way.

DarkSnack

Adventurer
Shadows of Torkalath
Reaction score
TheOysterHippopotami said:
If you aren't concerned about inconsequential items with no effect on gameplay, why are you concerned about the felewyn shard?
Because they're mainly vanity items? And they do have no affect on gameplay the felewyn shard does, it affects ones lack to be better, it will always feel minor to that player, how would you feel if I had DBH and you coulden't get it because you need for other 5 people to aid you when there's barely enough population for that.

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
Because they're mainly vanity items? And they do have no affect on gameplay the felewyn shard does, it affects ones lack to be better, it will always feel minor to that player, how would you feel if I had DBH and you coulden't get it because you need for other 5 people to aid you when there's barely enough population for that.
I would feel much worse if I couldn't get a DBH than if I couldn't get an Fshard. Maybe you have never had one, but Felewyn shards suck. The felewyn shard is about as useful as most vanity items.

Name one instance in this game where you will ever use an Fshard for anything but leveling swords.

DarkSnack

Adventurer
Shadows of Torkalath
Reaction score
Name one instance in this game where you will ever use an Fshard for anything but leveling swords.
Crafting, killing undead, I don't need this sword to level up swordmanship there's several others(shortsword like a pro)
I mainly want it because it gives you more edge in combat versus the type it was meant to be good at, killing undead.
Plus if it's the shard is that worthless why is it so rare and hard to get.:LOGIC:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
DaftSnark said:
Name me one, cuz now you've peeked my curiosity.

...And Heretic and its ilk don't count; that's a shooter, not an RPG... (And even there, most of its sequels force you to pick a class.)

Every RPG I can think of either limits you by skill points, thus limiting the number of paths and powers you can take and gain in a single run, or similarly, by race or by class. The Elder Scrolls series (being the closest to us in play style and inspiration), being particularly vicious on all those fronts, plus birth signs, and has mutually exclusive quest lines to boot. Unless, of course, you cheat like mad.

(I suppose I should add Dark Messiah to the list of very similar games, but even in that very arcade'ish game, you have the skill point limit, and quest exclusivity.)

Discounting aesthetic crests and show case items, that yes, have no impact on game play, every item and every power in this game is opened with enough time investment. It's just this one item, out of over a hundred, that has you so pent up with so much jealous rage. So it makes me wonder what the hell you've been playing where, normally, there aren't dozens, if not hundreds of powers and items you can't get all on one character.

I could certainly see how you might fear that you could never find four friends... ...but given that you've managed to be social enough to get into one of the larger guilds, that no doubt has a few dozen of the things in its ranks, I'm surprised none of them have shoved one of them into your crying maw already.

...and yes, I'm sure everyone wants a Felewyn shard. Tough, ain't gonna happen. Far too many people have them as it is. Pretty sure no one's going to have one, quite soon, as if there's more like you, that's probably the best route to take. Might find some other way to make sure only a handful of people, who actually deserve them, get them, until we work out a more dependable system though.

...and again, get used to it, as it's just the tip of the iceberg of unique items, powers, and quest lines, that you likely won't be able to get without a lot of cooperation, or on the same character.

DarkSnack

Adventurer
Shadows of Torkalath
Reaction score
Meet Fable III http://store.steampowered.com/app/105400/
Darksiders http://store.steampowered.com/app/50620 ... _151_150_1
Discounting aesthetic crests and show case items, that yes, have no impact on game play, every item and every power in this game is opened with enough time investment. It's just this one item, out of over a hundred, that has you so pent up with so much jealous rage.
Jelous rage? Implying I'm even speaking for myself here, again there's more people than just ME who want this removed you can even see a minor fraction of those who want it in the poll I made thank you very much, I'm doing this because I think people should get a shot at it and you go on about "Oh other RPG's don't have this so boo hoo no weapons for you"
I do have friends too thank you very much Sir Tot in real life and in-game.

I'm surprised none of them have shoved one of them into your crying maw already.
Well good sir I'm suprised why no one adressed this problem into your maw already too.

more like you, that's probably the best route to take.
You speak like I'm some kind of abnormal human being while the stubborn one here is you.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
DarkSnack said:
Try again: http://fable.wikia.com/wiki/Classes

And DarkSiders is no more an RPG than Assassin's Creed, GTA, or GoW...

As for the rest, rubber, glue, yadda yadda. Call me an evil tyrant for setting up one item in over a hundred as having limited exclusivity, while still allowing unlimited access to everything else of any consequence, if you wish, though I could certainly think of much more valid reasons for making that accusation.

DarkSnack

Adventurer
Shadows of Torkalath
Reaction score
I played Fable III and I can surely say that there's no classes whatsoever what you are checking is classes from Fable I and TLC
"A Class is an aspect of your Hero's personality in Fable and Fable TLC that, in the Hero's description, is preceded by their renown "
So yes try again good sir

I'm not calling you a tyrant I'm just asking for you to rethink of other possibilities other than this current one or remove it if you can't figure out other way.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well darn, now I gotta play the thing to check this sh*t out... (Like I have time to actually *play* games these days, with all the crap on my MSC plate.)

As I've said time and again on the subject, if I had another method, it would be much MORE restrictive, not less. Eventually, I suspect, another method will come to light, and when it does, you and those like you will be even less happy.

Keldorn

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Don't bother trying to get a Felewyn shard, they're rarely used ingame because:

1) They tend to vanish (at least time every month for some people)
2) They're relatively low in power level compared to other 30ish weapons, because most of the enemies that are particularly weak against holy usually have low enough HP to be killed with non-holy weapons in the same number of hits.
3) The special ability is very limited in use

I can appreciate that some people may want some items to appear in limited quantity throughout all of MSC, but the 25 people per fblade plan does seem at least a little clunky given the size of the active playerbase.

Red Cell

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Not to be rude, but this thread gave me a chuckle.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Keldorn said:
I can appreciate that some people may want some items to appear in limited quantity throughout all of MSC, but the 25 people per fblade plan does seem at least a little clunky given the size of the active playerbase.
Sadly, we're already flipping about the 5 per Shard... Blade's a long ways away yet...

As it stands now, there's so many Shards out there, that it'd be a cake walk. (If I released a merge map today, we'd have at least 20 full blown Apostle blades by end of the week, if not by tomorrow, I'm sure).

Granted, the hope of getting a dependable read-write system on FN would be that it'd monitor how many of each Shard was active in the last six months, and dish out symbols and Shards based on that information. So it is true, if you could make the full blown Blade, it wouldn't be quite as exclusive as I'm going on about, as that'd free up the number of Shards in the world. Plus high end players drop out from time to time, so I suppose *eventually* every could *potentially* get a Shard or a Blade, just by process of attrition, under that system.

But sadly we have this wreck, and people thinking that everyone should have one, so best to just axe em all, so at least everyone will be equal in their misery. At least that'll give us a clean slate when we finally figure a way to do this right.

DarkSnack

Adventurer
Shadows of Torkalath
Reaction score
As I've said time and again on the subject, if I had another method, it would be much MORE restrictive, not less.
This method is restrictive as it is otherwise I woulden't be here arguing so you atleast rethink about a better method.

But sadly we have this wreck, and people thinking that everyone should have one, so best to just axe em all, so at least everyone will be equal in their misery.
Yes, not misery it's called equality.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Taking the shards away or not, won't stop me from getting them again, and later on the blade itself. Just a fyi. :mrgreen:

It would only piss off everyone who currently has one, but if you really want to do that... you could always force players to keep only 1 shard instead of none (first one obtained).

If you really want to limit the existence of blades, make symbols a very rare drop, no limit as to how many we can get and they should spawn anywhere, at any given place. It's the best solution for this and other apostle shards, everyone could carry 1 apostle shard only and any amount of symbols. This way, people will have to play often and have luck to get the symbols and there's no limitation as to how many blades there will be, since it will be a hard thing to acquire (with no limits).

Oh and another heads up, you gave symbol sets in the exploiters reward club, people got symbols from there and made shards, removing the shards entirely will make those people loose up their "exploit points/rewards", do you really want to do that to them and look evil? :wink:

EDIT: Also, there are more apostle shards right? I guess it all pays out in the end, some will have f blade, some others will have tork scythe, others will have urdual blade... These items shouldn't be kept in the shadows of players, they should be acquired via hard quests when the player reaches the endcap, and they will have 1 chance to pick which apostle they follow, that one option will be permanent and can't be reverted back.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
463-1941.jpg

Borya

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
A glacial palace in the elder forest of the north.
Thothie said:
I think I'm just going to remove the weapon entirely until we figure a reliable way to deal with apostle items. Should put an end to the complaints.

Aww, I kinda like the weapon, mechanically. Any plans on a similarly acting weapon if you do end up removin' it?

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
There is no real reason to remove it, given how much the item sucks. There is also no real reason for it to be called "Felewyn" shard, given how much the item sucks.

DarkSnack

Adventurer
Shadows of Torkalath
Reaction score
It's true the shard alone itself sucks but when the actual blade is out I'm sure you'll have a different opninion, at least I hope it will be better than a shard otherwise no reason to have around an item that's simply not worth any of the hassle.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
when the blade comes, i expect it to be 5 times stronger at least, LOL.

Like honestly, it makes sense, if all shards are equal in power and represent 20% of the blade's true entity, then the felewyn blade should be 5 times stronger at the very least... and we all know that ain't gonna happen. :roll:

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
Let me ask you this: When the blade does finally come out, do you also think you should be able to get the Chaos Scythe and/or Urduals apostle weapon, too?

The fact of the matter is, when this weapon does actually get released, even if you could get the blade, there are going to be two more epic tier weapons that you will never be able to have.

Also, Zeus, these weapons need to be level 50 or higher and they need to be the absolute best weapons in the game in every category. A mere 5x stronger is not enough. An apostle is a fucking demi god, after all.

DarkSnack

Adventurer
Shadows of Torkalath
Reaction score
Let me ask you this: When the blade does finally come out, do you also think you should be able to get the Chaos Scythe and/or Urduals apostle weapon, too?

The fact of the matter is, when this weapon does actually get released, even if you could get the blade, there are going to be two more epic tier weapons that you will never be able to have.
I see why not, everyone should atleast be given 1 shot at it, meaning a quest or something else that they have chances to fail and if they do, it's goodnight sweet prince.

Also, Zeus, these weapons need to be level 50 or higher and they need to be the absolute best weapons in the game in every category. A mere 5x stronger is not enough. An apostle is a **** demi god, after all.
Sword should be like level 75 I'm guessing, since it was the old level cap.

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
I see why not, everyone should atleast be given 1 shot at it, meaning a quest or something else that they have chances to fail and if they do, it's goodnight sweet prince.
I don't know if you are aware, but MasterSword actually has a story and letting someone become the apostle of felewyn and torkalath and urdual all at once would kind of fly in the face of that story.

That's the same reason why not everyone is supposed to have a Felewyn Blade, either. If anyone could be an Apostle of Felewyn if they just tried hard enough, that would also fly in the face of our story.

DarkSnack

Adventurer
Shadows of Torkalath
Reaction score
I don't know if you are aware, but MasterSword actually has a story and letting someone become the apostle of felewyn and torkalath and urdual all at once would kind of fly in the face of that story.
True I am aware of that, I'm not asking for everyone to be able to be an apostle of felewyn, torkalath and urdual at the same time I'm saying that people should choose paths but be given a chance to choose it without depending on someone else.

That's the same reason why not everyone is supposed to have a Felewyn Blade, either. If anyone could be an Apostle of Felewyn if they just tried hard enough, that would also fly in the face of our story.
Don't see how it flies away of the story seeing how if the quest was made only for level 75 people, and it also with a chance of failure I'm guessing we woulden't have many as you expect.