*Trading Post*

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
i've found my tork, so i guess im not gonna make no trade...

buuut

I do have an extra snake staff and i'm willing to trade it for one of the following:

-ravenmace
-volcano scroll
-a nintendo wii
-the triforce

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Oh stockpile of spells, when will you fail me? I'll trade my volcano scroll for it >_>

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
hooray!

lawl squirrel... that movie is great... i believe i have seen it before tho... still great

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I'm ingame on Thothie's server >_>

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
hooray! now i just gotta kick my 12 SC to 15 and i'll have a nice protective shield of fiery death! =D

vecraude

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I am willing to give over 3k gold and a frost bolt scroll to the person who can get me a rebuke undead spell.

PM me or look for adventurer.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
How are you planning on giving 3k gold?

charcolishen

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Why, with 30 odd 100 bank notes of course. :roll:
Thothie's true intension to not wanting us to have a proper trade system is simply put; he wants us all to be greedy little bastards ;D.

vecraude

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
heheh...well the mystery has been solved and I can sleep knowing that not only did I get the spell free but I GOT MAH GOLDEN AXE LEAP ATTACK XD!

*does a lil dance and falls on the floor*

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
charcolishen said:
Why, with 30 odd 100 bank notes of course. :roll:
Thothie's true intension to not wanting us to have a proper trade system is simply put; he wants us all to be greedy little bastards ;D.

There are lots of people with, literally, millions, and in some case billions of gold pieces. Some of these people are the game's biggest and oldest supporters, and some of these same people are among those who feel it is their god given duty to help the n00bs power level in anyway that they can, and thus would flood the lower level market with gold in an instant, given the opportunity.

What's worse, is that there are still many gold exploits in the game - and I'm always the last to hear about them, because people know if I do hear about them, I'll fix em. So until people start being a lot more forthcoming about said exploits, gold will only be useful to the nubs, and you won't be able to give it to them.

I'm tempted to reset the whole gold economy, but I don't have a method to do that just now anymore than I actually have one of allowing the gold trade. Plus it'd do no good until the gold sploitz are fixed.

Meanwhile - trade items. They are the only thing of real value atm. Lest you count "services". ;)

At least as it is now, the nubs get to experience what little gold economy there is. Save for when the vets buy them stuff, as they often do. I'd put an end to that, but I can't without removing the trade economy entirely.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
just make the next step up of items restricted to high levels ;)

course, those would be from like - nightmare type maps...and such.

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
well there's hardly anything for higher levelled character to spend money on...
If there was then I'm sure they wouldn't just hand new people the best stuff from the shop in edana...

If greater protection pots were more common in shops I would spend all my money on those or even demon blood...

crystal of return... lawl... just reconnect... unless you have some kind of pot in effect...

I have an extra Blizzard scroll for trading... (had an xtra acidic, but damn volc disappeared and it was lost in the rollback)
but I doubt it's worth the items I don't have/am after

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
If you reconnect, you lose all the exp that you would have gained. What I mean is, you hit Keledros for 2k damage before you reconnect. You then go back and hit him for the last 1k (isn't it something like that?). You only get exp for the 1k damage done.

Oh, and for reference: I have a package with a few high level tomes and a pot of forgetfulness. I'm willing to trade for a good offer. I call it the Spell Replenishing Kit ^_^

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
crystal of return... lawl... just reconnect... unless you have some kind of pot in effect...

There's a reason that's the cheapest of the new crystals.

Other than emergency escape without the hassle - the primary reason I came up with it, is that it is quite possible to set yerself up via a Crystal of Relocation in a place where you can't get back from (say, for instance, deep in the ms_snow caves), and I noticed sometimes, when you reconnect, the Crystal of Relocation effect wouldn't go away. Thus, Crystal of Return to resolve the issue..

It is fairly common to find some of the more advanced potions and crystals in Deralia. I might rig something up so you can see them in Helena more often.

BioRage

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Any Scroll you want (cept poison)

For your Golden Armor :O! zomg h4x

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
EDIT
Thothie said:
The GA's chance more than 5%

So I did some calculating:

Dark armor spawn chance: 33,333%
Maps to beat in order to get it: three

So if you play the map series three times, you should get it once (33,333% * 3 = 100%), and that means you would have to complete nine maps.

Golden armor spawn chance: 5% (actually a bit more, says Thothie)
Maps to beat in order to get it: five

So if you play the map series twenty times, you should get it once (5% * 20 = 100%), and that means you would have to complete 100 maps.

100 / 9 = 11,111

This means that you have to do 11,111 times the effort (read: amount of maps) to (theoretically) get a golden armor.

What makes the golden armor better than the dark armor?
- It offers more damage reduction, but only slightly

What makes the golden armor worse than the dark armor?
- It's heavier, way heavier

According to my calculations, 11,111 dark armors, so 11 dark armors, are as valuable as one golden armor. But the golden armor is only slightly better.

While my conclusion may be an obvious one, I still feel I have to get the message across clearly:
THE SPAWN CHANCE FOR THE GOLDEN ARMOR IS NOT MAKING ME VERY HAPPY

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
eh, its more for looks really...but since the models are all "i dun wanna work" it doesnt really make sense

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
The GA's chance more than 5% (well, barring the not-spawning-chest bug we're still working on) and it's, currently, the best armor in the game and really only wieldable by those of insane high level (granted, that last bit may change next month).

In any case, there's more than enough people running around with it (more than there should be, in any case).

The DA chance is fine, especially since you get other rare items for those same 3 maps, all of which are beautiful XP farms. It should be lower really, but I figure the boost to Sir Geric at least keeps the n00bs away from it. Takes a group of level 20 characters with spells all of 15 minutes to clear those damn maps though (pisses me off no end).

In anycase, platemail and knights armor are quite obtainable, and not nearly so far behind DA/GA as to make them seem worthless by comparison. (5%-15% below DA/GA)

2lt. Walter

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Trade Volc Scroll and/or acidbolt scroll for chainlightning.