WTB Efreeti Heart

Gorynych

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
So, figured i'd just wap it out there like a big sausage.
- I doubt i'll be playing MS:C in the near future, not through any choice of my own. It turns out, wait for it...

I have Corrinary Heart Disease, and a pretty bad bout of it at that. The heart pains i've been having for a few years haven't just been standard chest pain, it's been my warning signs to get it checked out, so three years later, i've just been given the go ahead to make my life as nice as possible.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Sux...

Ya don't want that though... Bunch of cultists will throw you in a pit, only to be slain by a bunch of adventurous murder-hobos, who will then proceed to poke you to death with swords and ice lances to farm your heart.

See? Things could be worse.

'sides, tis a free excuse to get out of near anything - milk it!

Gorynych

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Ya don't want that though... Bunch of cultists will throw you in a pit, only to be slain by a bunch of adventurous murder-hobos, who will then proceed to poke you to death with swords and ice lances to farm your heart.

See, now I feel guilty.

I ain't too worried about getting outta anything, although now's the best time to just drink whiskey. Not like I'm gonna get liver damage.
Either way, I've got stuff on my mind, modelling, animating and other such stuff. It's keeping my mind off of it.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
I used to have chest (heart) pains years ago. Like if something was piercing your heart and you would get pain to the point of slowing down completly, like unnable to walk faster and whatnot.

Thankfully i only had issues like this when i was like 14, back then i used to punch myself in the chest really hard, pain would go away when i did that. Probably not a "cure", but hey, it went away and rarelly came back. If it does, i'll beat the crap out of it into another comma. :p

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
I highly suggest laying off any form of animal fat for a while. No red meats. No butter/dairy. Go for a 5 minute run a day. Do not sit down after exercise, as blood will pool up. Do not abuse your body now you're sick, try to take better care of it! Now, this won't cure it... but it will certainly make you healthier, happier, and extend your life a bit. Blood thinners like alcohol should also be avoided.

Gorynych

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Thing is, if I made a complete 180 on my lifestyle, I could probably pull through.

My family has been known to survive cancer/other diseases and stuff constantly, just hoping it runs for me.
We'll see how I feel in the next few days, but I'll start changing my diet.

Red Cell

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your CAD. Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the United States. I'm sure you've heard all about the needed lifestyle changes and I think you should really take them to heart (pun intended).

I would suggest you start charting your diet too. Go to walmart, buy a $17 electronic scale, a $5 measuring cup, and a $3 notebook (or a food log like theDietMinder). Track what you eat, how much and when you eat during the day. You would be really surprised about how much you eat, how often (and around what activities) and what exactly the nutritional information of the food you're eating. It's mind blowing.

Gorynych

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Heh, that is some good info, although travelling 3000+ miles to wallmart ain't so economical.

Strange thing is, I wouldn't be noticing any over-eating, maybe undereating. For the past two months I'd been eating once a day if I was lucky, I just didn't feel up to eating or even hungry at times. So energy lacking that I'd drink chocolate milk and sit at my desk.

Luckily I've started eating more, doing exercise and not drinking/smoking cigars. Feeling a bit better mentally, not as much chest pain as normal.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
www.asda.com - actually, now owned by Walmart. (That's right, we bought out your discount grocer chains.)

Dunno if this is conjential, or you just living it up. If the latter, ditch salt too, and know that it's in everything... Basically, ditch everything you like and makes life worth living - good rule of thumb for living forever, so sayeth every doctor and every main stay religion ever, as well as certain semi-significant others. *sigh*

Gorynych

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Guess that means cooking my own stuff and eating healthy foods without salt. Sounds fun.

I find it weird that chronic stress caused my heart stuff, and now, due to stress I have to change everything about my life in order to live. That's assuming the stress doesn't get WORSE. :roll:

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Sorry to hear, man. :( I'm guessing by the Asda hunt that you're somewhere in Europe?

In terms of diet, I have a friend who has couscous with pretty much every meal, as it expands inside your stomach to make you feel fuller than you actually are. He pairs it with vegetables and the odd bit of poultry here and there for a bit of variety. Might be worth a shot?

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I'm an Englishman too, born and bred in Leicestershire, but I'm at university in West Yorkshire at the mo.

You could try going vegetarian for a bit - apparently tofu isn't so grim when you mix it with things. Or just put it with everything and hope for the best. :p

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Veggie burgers aren't that bad, used to eat those quite alot back in the days.

My mom's a cook, she used to make a few at work for me when i was in school. Perhaps you could try doing something similiar?

Gorynych

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
What if I paralyze a cow, then make a burger out of that, that counts, right?

Offensive joke

Well, Vegie burgers are kinda nice, and I do like tofu.

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
If you like tofu I hope you don't mind man boobs and mood swings, it apparently raises estrogen levels :oldlol:

Regorty

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Lucifer Majiskus said:
If you like tofu I hope you don't mind man boobs and mood swings, it apparently raises estrogen levels :oldlol:
hooray! now I can play with myself! :D

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
post-26182-earl-disgusted-animated-gif-9ZV5.gif

Regorty said:
hooray! now I can play with myself! :D