Reaction score
sml_castle_beta0000.gif

sml_castle_beta0001.gif

sml_castle_beta0002.gif

sml_castle_beta0003.gif

sml_castle_beta0004.gif

sml_castle_beta0005.gif

sml_castle_beta0006.gif

Good? It's a work in progress, and FAR from done.

Attachments

• sml_castle_beta0000.gif
    sml_castle_beta0000.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 0
  • sml_castle_beta0001.gif
    sml_castle_beta0001.gif
  • sml_castle_beta0002.gif
    sml_castle_beta0002.gif

stevenlafl

New Adventurer
Christian Warrior's of God
Reaction score
Thanks. I've done a bit more work. Made the beams better on the church, and I thickened the walls to make it more realistic, and shortened the whole structure. Looks great.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Nice, I particularly like the carpet in the church, looks almost bump-mapped. Although, I'm not entirely sure what priests of Urdual think of a Christian cross in their church. ;) Granted, there's enough Christian Warriors of God running around, maybe they've finally converted the heathens. :p

Urdual's symbol seems to be a set of golden scales. I dunno what that would look like in there though.

Is there anything to do on this map other than look at the pretty architecture, yet? Ie. Is this functional and ready for play?

"You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image, when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do." -Anne Lamott

Saint Thoth

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
I've playtested different versions with stevenlafl here.

Maybe some of you know that he is "Lord Matthias", owner of the Christian Warriors of God guildserver. And maybe that explains the Christian crosses in the (Urdual) church?

It surprises me nobody noticed how nice the tavern looks. It's truly the best I've ever seen in any MS map. Once you walk around in his tavern you'll notice how nice and cozy it is. So now you people shall make compliments on his tavern!

stevenlafl

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Nice, I particularly like the carpet in the church, looks almost bump-mapped. Although, I'm not entirely sure what priests of Urdual think of a Christian cross in their church. ;) Granted, there's enough Christian Warriors of God running around, maybe they've finally converted the heathens. :p

Urdual's symbol seems to be a set of golden scales. I dunno what that would look like in there though.

Is there anything to do on this map other than look at the pretty architecture, yet? Ie. Is this functional and ready for play?

"You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image, when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do." -Anne Lamott

Saint Thoth

Aye, its going to be a replacement for edana. I'm going to add quite a few 'quests' if you will. It will be linked to Cyax's maps. We're working on a series.

Witness of God

New Adventurer
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
I've playtested different versions with stevenlafl here.

Maybe some of you know that he is "Lord Matthias", owner of the Christian Warriors of God guildserver. And maybe that explains the Christian crosses in the (Urdual) church?

It surprises me nobody noticed how nice the tavern looks. It's truly the best I've ever seen in any MS map. Once you walk around in his tavern you'll notice how nice and cozy it is. So now you people shall make compliments on his tavern!

lol yeah it has the priests of Urdual. Lets just say there converts lol :p

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
The ironic thing is, that it used to be the Christian mothers and fathers who prevented their kids from playing D&D with my more liberal parented friends and I, when I was a child, calling it "Satanic"... And now they seem to be dominating the on-line game essentially grand-parented by it. ;)

The tavern didn't strike me as unusual, although maybe it looks better if you 'see it in person'. From the screenshot there, it has a ceiling that is far too large - it looks as though it's about to come down on you (as, if it were real, it would). I'd recommend putting up a simple network of wooden support beams and pillars to remove the claustrophobic feel. ;)

Granted, I've got ceilings like that all over in Gateroom... But they're all held up by... Ummm.. Heathen magic, yeah that's it. ;)

"I have always observed a singular accord between supercelestial ideals and subterranean behavior." - Montaigne

Saint Thoth

stevenlafl

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
The ironic thing is, that it used to be the Christian mothers and fathers who prevented their kids from playing D&D with my more liberal parented friends and I, when I was a child, calling it "Satanic"... And now they seem to be dominating the on-line game essentially grand-parented by it. ;)

The tavern didn't strike me as unusual, although maybe it looks better if you 'see it in person'. From the screenshot there, it has a ceiling that is far too large - it looks as though it's about to come down on you (as, if it were real, it would). I'd recommend putting up a simple network of wooden support beams and pillars to remove the claustrophobic feel. ;)

Granted, I've got ceilings like that all over in Gateroom... But they're all held up by... Ummm.. Heathen magic, yeah that's it. ;)

"I have always observed a singular accord between supercelestial ideals and subterranean behavior." - Montaigne

Saint Thoth

ohh! Great Idea! I think that'd add a nice feel to the map. Thanks for the feedback.

Okay. So i've added the old mans house, and 2 towers. Everythings filling out. It looks great.

Cyax

New Adventurer
Reaction score
The old man's house looks sweet, StevenlAFl also told em this morning he added watch towers to the wall. :D

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Awww... crap. I'll see if maybe I can get the source from him. Although I think he's one of those glory hog developers who's zealously guards his stuff, and thus most of it will be consigned to the void. Although I may just be mixing him up with someone else. ;)