Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
In light of everything I think its time I say something with whats happening.

Now I changed the password in hopes to prevent the things that are happening, however instead of preventing it, it managed to make it easier to weed out those you do cheat...

I have been thinking and if enough people are in support of it I will go through with it.

The question is simple, should the FN password change come the end of this month with the next patch?

Anyone on the list (except those who abused) will get the password, I will setup a thread with everyones forum name so when the patch releases you will get a PM with the new password.

there are many advantages to doing this, but like any form of security can be problematic for many people. However until these things get patched its about the only thing that will prevent or at least help weed out those who choose to abuse.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
The pass will be getting changed every month at this rate...But I suppose it's necessary...

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
TBH, this is what I thought you've been doing all along (I've only had the pass for like a week >.> )

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
We do need a password change nonetheless, since the only known cheaters of this month have had said password...Bastards.

Thraxis

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Voted yes. With all the little kiddy "hackers" running around with the password, keeping it would simply be no good imo. Would only allow the more subjective people to seek out these exploits, hacks, whatever you want to call them from the known cheaters, grab the password while they are at it and continue the work.

Sure, I understand that it might be problematic. I personally have not requested the password yet, because I had a feeling this was coming.

I'm glad to see that action is now being taken, that the game is getting cleaned up. I was starting to fear that i'd be playing MS 1.3 again with people speed hacking, hitboxes disabled and just pvping others while pvp was off.

3 Cheers for a step in the right direction. Maybe one day we will have this as a fully legit game, and back out into public FN and such. Keep up the awesome work.

tehrilez

New Adventurer
Reaction score
So anyone who already has it will automatically get a PM with the new one come the end of the month? (other than abusers?) If so, yes.

But no if we have to request it every month.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
tehrilez said:
So anyone who already has it will automatically get a PM with the new one come the end of the month? (other than abusers?) If so, yes.

But no if we have to request it every month.
One post a month? Yer making eight and a quarter per day, I'm sure you can find the time to make a post to ask for something that you want...
Point besides, I think that somehow we should arrange a server admin meeting via SteamChat; more cheaters could be investigated, if the admins know some SteamIDs.

Picadilly

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
Is it possible to have a new password created even more frequently? In light of the current events surrounding the mad hacking, I think it might be warranted. Also, the game seems to have a pretty stable list of legitimate dedicated servers. Don't most of these hacks and exploits take place on listen servers? Maybe this is something that should be considered as well...

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
100% agree, I hope this time this is it! :) (About the password that is)

Slaytanic_pb

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
If it helps to keep the servers up...

If it's going to help keep the servers up, then sure. So long as those of us who admin dedicated servers are given at least 24 hours notice, + or - the time zone difference, then everything should work out with a monthly password change.

I'm glad I'm on the list, as I do admin a dedicated server. I'm sure some of you have dropped by the Revolution server, some more than others. If you're in USA, remember if it's really early in the morning for you (8am is early to me) then you'll probably find Picadilly, or myself in there :)