Ceriux's Request a Model Thread

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
Request A Model.

Ok so iv decided to make a model request thread. the rules are as fallow's

you can request any thing.
id prefer if it was for msc... but if its for another mod just pm your request.
concepts make things easyier...

oh and i can... do player/monster models but im not so good at those.

WeissberV

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
This plz if u make this i'll drop my MS:S project and finish my map immeditaly:

Serket1.jpg

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
ill start trying to make something like it, if u promise not to drop your ms:s project lol

Witness of God

New Adventurer
Christian Warrior's of God
Reaction score
any thing u make ill texture

redo priest for starters and the ice troll :p or at least remap his uv. preist... needs redone he looks horrible

ive already retextured some but i need better models

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
@Witness: Are you any good at assigning vertices to bones? Or are you purely skinning?

Shadeska

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Seeing that FFXI picture reminded me of some awesome monster ideas... Why don't we base some models off of Monster Hunter? The wyverns and dragons in there are just amazing to battle! And we could use them as bosses for getting something like ohh...I don't know, the Heavy Crossbow? :)

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Give it a try, see how it turns out :D

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Ceriux, next time just post this. That URL was so big it stretched the forums and made the width twice XD

Witness of God

New Adventurer
Christian Warrior's of God
Reaction score
I am purely only skinning. Just upload a model and ill skin it for you.

Ive fixed the boars eyes perhaps ill completely redo the cheezy eyes but complicated to find a decent footage of a boars eyes. Ive also retextured both bats so far. Thinking of redoing some npc's next. Havent checked they're skins yet tho.

I think our biggest deal before we make new models are reskinning or remodeling the orc and the priest. first priority is perfecting what we have. Btw anyone have the dragon model or is it gone?

After everything is fixed... first and most of all comes making a girl start character the last one looks like a pilgrim and sux majorly.

tehrilez

New Adventurer
Reaction score
make this

helmet.gif

First person that guesses where it's from wins a cookie.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
If you feel up to the task of converting a map brush into a model.

cata.gif

I've already have this setup to work as a brush entity and train, but I figure it'd be easier to deal with if it were a monster with an actual model.

There are two moving parts on this beast: the winder, and the catapult lever (func_door_rotating, and func_rotating, respectively). There are null brushes on the catapult that serve as collision boxes to make the brush model seem more solid than it is (the rotater and lever are non-solid, as they are not rendered until the catapult train arrives and moves into place). You may need to delete them before converting this.

The fire animation should consist of the lever snapping up, and then slowly moving down as the catapult winder pulls it back.

If yer feeling really ambitious, you can get the wheels to spin in a movement animation, although they don't on the map model.

...and if yer feeling really, really ambitious, you can make a death animation where it falls apart.

http://www.thothie.com/msc_dev2/cata.rar

A wad file with the required textures is included.

Orochi's working on that too - but I expect I'll have the thing working as a map entity in old_Helena before either of you finish (it aleady does in Helena2) - but for future mappers, it'd be much easier to place a monster.

Oh yeah... And there's everything in the:
COMPLETELY IGNORED [REQ] THREAD

I'm not adding this to the [REQ] thread for the aforementioned reasons (ie. Orochi on it, and likely superfluous, and likely to be ignored – but it looks like maybe something you could do).

WeissberV

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
The project you were doing was the giant scorpian I showed you? Remmember when you finish that, the quicker my Ms:c map will come out.