BANNED
Reaction score
If people say things like this:

Code:
Name: <censored>

Email: <censored>

Date: Mon Feb 21 09:28:24 EST 2005

Mappack sure is good! thanks jm!

I'd say he's thanking me for all the maps. Seems logical, no? By the way, I censored his name to protect him from the tidal waves of bull shit some people like to eject from their asses.

And the thing of people leaving the game because they get all the items... I highly doubt it. I, for one, believe that it is very amusing and fun to play MS with others, even though my character is on steroids and has a selection of superb items. I've also met quite a few players with über equipment who didn't just come around for one game and leave (yes, I've met those people multiple times).

Thothie said:
But, I feel the wall syndrome coming on, and if this is going to be akin to debating a religious belief with no room for rational thought, I'll end it here. I suspect you've just been fighting this battle for far too long to be open to change at this point.

I don't see where you're going. But since you're anxious to end this fight, forest_training, ms_underworldv2, ms_training_area and hyrule_castle-beta. Maybe I'll come up with more later, it all depends on your response.

By the way, Witnessofgod, I have heard from a reliable source that you like to 'train' your 495 HP character on puffu's cheatmap (coffit_trion).

On a side note for all you custom maps lovers (and there seem to be many judging by the humorous replies in this topic :twisted: ): I am going to update my website tomorrow. It'll have 98 custom maps. Ninety-eight.

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Nice. :)

Btw, i think its safe to say you can like something in general, but maybe not all parts of it, and say you like it. I'm not sure its safe to assume the guy liked every single map just because he complimented it in general. Of course with out knowing who, we'll never be able to ask him, and never know for sure, so argueing about that is pointless. I for one like your mappack, but not everything in it, and im not just saying that to prove my point. One opinion is not enough.

I think maybe we are missing an issue here. or maybe its just something only I care about. I dunno, but i think ill just put it out there and see how people respond.

In mutli-player rpg's ive noticed there is always a compitition to have the best stuff. Whether you realize it or not, that is sometimes the biggest goal. Of course its because you want to be powerful and be able to kill stuff, but there is also another side to it. When you have all the best stuff, other poeple look up to you and gve you compliments because they know it must have been (in an ideal world, and in most good games) really hard to get that stuff. I experienced this when playing diablo 2. It was very gratifying, and you get a surprising amout of respect, and its not even that hard to get good stuff in diablo 2.

When poeple start cheating, that goes away, and you can no longer pick out the poeple who have aquire thier stuff through hours of labor from those who havent. This, i believe, takes away alot from a game.

Cyax

New Adventurer
Christian Warrior's of God
Reaction score
We're loosing the community because the deteriating threads of cheatmap amusment are dying... Someone needs to create something for the public, they need a real map they can play that doesn't include cheatmap garbage...

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
er, cyax i believe ewok said "effort" not time....

oh and yeah, it should be as simple as this:

"if you like em play em, if you dont then you dont."

the only problem is when cheatmapping noobs go on a server and start bashing a bunch of legits because they are bored. thank god for admins...

yeah, supposedly everyone hates me here, my posts are retarded i know....

dizzy

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
i got 1 but if i enter map i crash plus its retarded

Cyax

New Adventurer
Christian Warrior's of God
Reaction score
95% of the maps I have seen for MasterSword have s*ck'd hardcore. The original developer maps weren't horribly bad but they got boring after one hour of gameplay... However, see the map "House.bsp" that is a very good one.

Jin2

New Adventurer
Reaction score
can u please post a link to a place to dl house.bsp?

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
I simply refuse to host ninety-eight (98 for all you dumbasses) loose files :oldlol:

Edit: Oh! New smileys! Thanks whoever-did-that, :| is my all-time favorite!

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Play Hidden-Valley-Plus its fun even if its my first map... its full of puzzles and has... a desert,a forest and a tundra... plus a gletcher and some hidden areas... pretty fun

anyway i do consider... playing bmountain...
or ms_maldora...
note that theese maps r NOT supposed to be chat maps... even if hidden-valley-plus has items like emriels dawn
they were not meant to be cheatmaps... AT ALL!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Seems that there were several other incarnations of Hidden Valley Plus with better lighting and FPS. Such as:
Hidden-valley (non-plus)
Plains
Plains-tundra-forest

Assuming they are all yours (they all have nearly the exact same layout and ents), why are you advertising the worst of the bunch? ;)

I also don't think house has anything to do in it. Save for fall into the sky/ocean. :\

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
hidden-valley-plus is the best...
leak free... and with alot of fixes... and some new areas.

however on lower end pces it may lag.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
hidden-valley-plus is the best...
leak free... and with alot of fixes... and some new areas.
This is a 6800Ultra OC running on a 3Ghz system... Me think it not the PC...

Mayhaps J-M mislabled it in his collection. Hidden-Valley-Plus seems to be the only one of those I listed with leaks. HLrad hasn't been run on my copy - it's all fullbright. FPS goes as low as 75 in some spots (which is extremely bad, for me).

Do you have an alternate download link for your version?
"There is not a day that goes by when a doe does not offer her life for her kittens, or an honest officer of an Owsla his life for his chief's, but there will be no bargain. What is is what must be." - Frith, The Bunny God, Watership Down
Saint Thoth

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
actually hidden-valley-plus is the most leak free the others has been fixed to get removed leaks etc. hidden-valley-plus is the final version,
as for the lag... no lag on my pc nor on my portable... or my bros pc...

try comparing plains to hidden-valley-plus and youl see how many new areas has been added... u just gotta find em all... they r hidden after all.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Eh, well, the Hidden-Valley-Plus you are describing is not the one I have. :/ Where can I get the version you have? The one in J-M's collection is so badly leaked that HLrad apparently wouldn't run on it. Tis the only one that badly damaged.
"Yet there is a certain race of men, that either imagine it their duty, or make it their amusement, to hinder the reception of every work of learning or genius, who stand as sentinels in the avenues of fame, and value themselves upon giving Ignorance and Envy the first notice of a prey." - Samuel Johnson
Saint Thoth

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
the reason hidden-valley-plus didt use rad... is because it was far too big... i really didt knew how to fix it... so i idt use rad and it compiled... that why it may lag a bit
but on my pc i didt noticed...
since u r a good mapper mayeb you could fix it for me... if so il give u the rmf and u can try to fix it.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Er, yeah, sure I guess wouldn't take long. Maps without HLrad run (and look) like crap. ;) It maybe the map just got so big you exceeded the MAX_PATCHES, in which case all you need to do is raise the -chop beyond the default. (eg. add -chop 64 -texchop 64 to the HLRAD command line options).

If you don't have a place you can upload the RMF to, I'll PM you an FTP where you can place it.