Crazy's Contribution Journal

crazyghost

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
I can't stop. Playing Dota and Counter-strike just arent the same anymore. Channeling into 3d Production.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Nice, keep it up! Made quite the progress today. :)

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
Hmmm.... the back might be a bit too rectangular. Make it less blocky maybe? As in have it the same level as the lowest part of the blade, not just a solid block. It should be flush with the rest of the metal. Other than that I think it looks fine. :roll:

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
It looks fine to me. Not sure why you would ask if it's funny... o_O

crazyghost

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
funnay texture in a spot

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
It looks absolutely fine, also note that people can't comment in the Dev Journal section.

Pike

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Yeah looks good, very nice. Digging the wood grain.

BoX

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
nice. Can't go wrong with swords! We could use both of them. Would be good for a weapon upgrade quest.

BoX

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say: everyone's a bit deflated by this post. A Mastersword: Source post on how you're learning another engine. Not to say I don't understand the thrill of something new, but us established folk have learned to value what we have spent time learning. Besides, I originally attempted to stretch this project to the Source2 engine, which will include a much faster content integration interface, much like the unreal engine.

In my view of the world, dedication establishes position. If you wish to continue your young life with "whatever comes, determines my interest" then I support your decision. The MSS team, however, supports a more time honored tradition(we're not college-age, but we will show our gaming and creative wisdom)

Your recent help and insight are valued, but we need to know where you stand in a timely manner. Let us know how your development interests pan out.

crazyghost

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
I understand. I guess this wasn't the right place but I wanted to let you know what I was up to. It's not uncommon for people to disappear from these parts for extended periods of time and not say anything. But to be clear,"I'm not going anywhere". I wasn't saying I'm not participating. Just I was halted this past week or so to learn some new skills. I've actually worked on some minor things and was mustering up the patience and courage again to figure out how to get .mdl. I was having a really hard time with the maya scripts to convert to .qc which is preventing me from even trying to new utility,crowbar, Pike suggested.

Good to hope for better tools for the Source2 engine.

http://gyazo.com/4ac1d97af7a9cbfbfc4f786dae83735d
This is a chest I was working on. Whether or not you'd like to use it as is, I was practicing UVing with an oddlier shape since I could get away with so much with a blade being imperfect. i'm new to this all. I've only mapped before. But I planned to add rivets to the texture, perhaps change the lock, and I'm learning to bump well with this example. (currently unbumped)

Pike

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
I like the chest!