Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Just to clarify:
These are for MS v1.35 - NOT for MS:C!

crow_map.jpg

Here's the current Multiplayer version of Crow's first map series, newly dubbed, “Curse of the Bear Gods.”

Ye download (5MB): Curse of the Bear Gods

Ye rar unzipper (should you need one): http://www.rarsoft.com/download.htm

Extract files to:

Steam\SteamApps\username\half-life\ms

overwriting all files.

It includes the multiplayer variants of all the maps, and the new, fully functional, version of Highlands ("Highlands2"). The transitions all interconnect with each other properly.

I do actually want to polish this up quite a bit more, but I figure better to release this now, than to wait an eternity for me to get off my ass and do something about it. This version is, after all, fully functional.

I've taken a look at the Orcplace rmf though, and it seems there's a whole other dungeon attached to this thing. If/when I get around to rebuilding that, I'll work it into this install and update this thread accordingly. Meanwhile I give you this, the same version used at Thothie's.

Random Screen Shots (that you may have seen before):

Highlands2 - Hatchery

Skycastle - Outside

Skycastle - Inside

Highlands2 - Mesas

"Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage."

- Robert A. Heinlein

Saint Thoth

Minor Tweaks

(06/15/05): Skycastle: Changed Skycastle->Lostcastle transition sprite, fixed transition kick bug

Lostcastle: cut down on rats to reduce server lag.

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Hehe. oops. that "other dungeon" is actaully a part of a really old map that i wanted to put in ms but could never fix. That part was fine, but the rest was pure crap, so i decieded to cut that part out and use it elsewhere. I was going to put it in orcplace, but i forgot, or didnt want to bother, or something. Anyways, it now has a home in riverwind2. Please dont bother with it, i dont want any repeats in my maps :D sorry bout that :oops:

mrfranswa

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Ever thought about donating the map to the mod and seeing if they would add it? It looks like a VERY interesting map :). IF you were interested, you can contact me via aim under srfranswa and we can possibly talk about it. I haven't actually PLAYED it (due to the fact I lack a working pc capable of hl right now), but the screenies look very interesting.

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
:D You guys can use anything of mine you want. Though they may look nice, They were crafted with unskilled hands (at the time) and are very... laggy. I think Thothie fixed highlands though. Thats probably the only one worth anything.

Though some of the stuff in Lostcastle is nice...

And its not all one map, if you havent figured that out yet =\

• Admin

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I found them and modified them for multiplayer. Plus I do web design, and have, effectively, limitless web space, so I midas well host.

I'd do someone else's, if I found some I thought were worthy. I know there are other good ones out there, I just never seem to get around to digging for them... But I'm open for recommendations if anyone wants to point me at some.

Both Crow and Cyax have new maps coming soon that I'm eagerly awaiting to see.

• Admin

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I seem to hath misplaced your webpage... Or is it in my public section?

• Admin

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Update:

I did a craptastic job doing Skycastle, and I keep meaning to fix it, but well things kept coming up and... Here it is.

Map(4mb): http://www.thothie.com/ms/skycastle.bsp
Ent file only(39k): http://www.thothie.com/ms/skycastle.map

If you've downloaded the COTBG since the date of this post, you don't need to download this seperately, it is now included in the package.

Changes-
- Spiffied up transition
- Unglued all skeletons (no more stuck wads of skellies)
- Chained all forward skeletons to first room escape event
- Made bats a bit more adept at blocking path to teleporters
- Scattered the inside castle skeletons about
- Scatter the Lord Calrians (there's still three of them though)
- Chained the bears differently and reworked their spawns (seems there's no way to stop them leaking - something about the walls and the fact that they are walking on a func_break, but I made sure the bears that need to die wont get leaked off as best I could - also changed which bears they are.)
- Bear gods no longer spawn until door triggered (helps prevent leaks / reduce lag)
- Added a few more environment and event sounds
- Much abuse with env_funnel :D

Also updated the package to include Orcplace2_beta and the appropriate transitions, since no one's reported any major bugs with it.

I still wanna fix the hurt triggers on all maps before I update the 2.0 enhancer.