Elf Maybe? [WIP}

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
well... its still on the models needed thread.... so im trying a go at it...

wipelfmaybejg0.png

i dont like this one , so im making it better from scratch.

LoL , i noticed i got pretty far thru the model and i looked at the model as a whole and i relized i was putting the legs on back wards lol....

loltu8.png

oh and here's the concept im using " i made it bald for modeling purposes .

elf2ss7.png
"

Update #3

wipelfmaybeuf5.png

Update #4

wipelfmaybevp8.png

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
*thumbsup*

Do finish it, though. :D

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
His feet looks too long, also try to make the legs a bit more muscular/bigger to match the torso

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
In before crotch jokes, too.
You are going to clothe him reasonably, yes? :p

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
lol yes i am... lol also ill take all crits into consideration

This better?

wipelfmaybevp8.png

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Give the hands more character, I hate having NPCs that are wearing hand-colored gloves ;)

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
i can do it easyier with a good texture and it would take less pollies, not only that. its only an NPC

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Ah.

Well, as long as the skin is good...Shouldn't have an issue there, given that your skins tend to be pretty good. :D

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
sorry there hasnt been an update been working 3rd shift ill have a day off monday though lil smokey and then some modelin , lol ill be doin my best then.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
hey guys, well to let u know this model was lost on my pc... cause my gfx card burnt out and there's now artifacts all over my screen, but i was thinking.... if we made a completely new model, we would have to remodel all of the armors to fit it which would take up alot of model space which we could use for better things, so what im proposing is this. i edit the current msc guy model to be a elf basically a edited mesh and a re-texture.... then we could use the models we already have and not waste material space. suggestions?

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Models have been consolidated, so I don't believe modelspace is an issue...Moreover elves aren't anatomically similar to humans in the MS:C world (They're a couple feet taller)...Moreover, stretching the armor model and giving the skins a re-touch isn't that big a deal ;)

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
According to the hacky-armor-fix-and-races-fix on the table, all races will need the same boneset. You've been warned >_>

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Race-fix? Why not make another "player model" and just consolidate the hell out of that.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
well, if it needs the same boneset, it would still be easyier and probably work better to just do what iv just mentioned.

which also means dwarfs are out of the question, and we couldnt edit the bones to be as tall as the model would be, which would ruin the model.... so any new races are going to have to fit to the shape of the msc guy skelly. so ... idk... i might not even make sence.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Can't have all races on the same boneset...Dwarves?

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Nope, different race models with different bones. New models for armor. Thats how it HAS to be.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
MIB just said , that it has to use the SAME boneset

not only that wouldnt u guys have to edit the item code because the armors meshes would be differnt we would have to have a system that had race restrictions on armors

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I really don't get why we would have to use the same bone set when if you actually did make a new playable character with all the matching animations/armor.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
P|Barnum said:
I really don't get why we would have to use the same bone set when if you actually did make a new playable character with all the matching animations/armor.

By all means, go write the code for it.

..Of course, bear in mind that we haven't been able to do submodels on the player, so switching the whole model likely won't work.. And the only way we have for making an armor fix involves a hacky method and means, lest you want a playermodel that freaks the f*ck out (and it will), we'll need it on the same boneset.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
An elf should be easy to rig to the current bone set. It wouldn't involve the wild offsets a dwarf would - I don't think this model will get far enough along that you'd have to worry about rigging it, but if you do, I'd go with that, as the only method for varying the playermodel, at the moment, requires the player boneset.

On the other hand... It maybe possible to merge seperate bonesets with the playermodel the same way I did with the rat and wolf models, except that a lot of the player animations are handled code side, probably client side, so it'd be sticky to work that end of things out.