MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Here is my original thread.

And here it is!
hhammer1.png

hhammer2.png

Still got some things to do to it but the mesh and the skin (for the most part) is done.

Marisa

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Nice, Frozen Heart of the North or so.
Kind of imagine ice queen's heart being larger, unless it just shriveled that drastically, despite needing to be larger in the first place.
As for the area attack, that's pretty spiffy sounding,
would it be like Hollow One's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vgd_Gm_1V9s or more of a forward-wave rising from the ground?
Some of the other ideas reminded me of some involved and awesome custom stuff I'd seen for Quake 3 last decade.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Well, in terms of if being in-game or not is still being discussed. So, story and all is subject to change. The ice effect I was thinking would have the ice shards follow a path similar to this:
Code:
     X
     _ 
    _ _
   _ _ _
  _ _ _ _

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
I don't know why this wouldn't pop up in game, at least someday. There are so many ice areas that will be developed in the future. The concept is great, it looks great, and more items is always a plus. Not including this in game would be pretty lame, if you ask me.

I do think the handle should be edited some, though. That is the only part that I do not like.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
The only problem is that in first person view the player wouldnt even know there a heart. Also maybe you could replace those stalagmites with additive slabs of ice on the maul.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I don't have authority to say whether it goes in-game or not. And the choice is well thought out so please don't say its lame if it doesn't show up. If nothing else, it gave me good practice.

@FER:
I was thinking of a new animation actually to bring the heart in view and doing something to it, like holding it to charge it or drain it *for*something.

Stoned

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Tbh the heart looks a tad funny to me. It just looks squashed, stretch it out and it will be good to go.

Marisa

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
FER said:
The only problem is that in first person view the player wouldnt even know there a heart. Also maybe you could replace those stalagmites with additive slabs of ice on the maul.

One of the idle animations could be turning it in the hands to look at the heart. :D

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Well I fixed all of the issues it was having and saw it through the player's eyes so-to-speak. It looks pretty good and you can see the heart pretty well. Every animation is there except for the "look at the heart and do something" animation. I also made the heart bigger which was a good idea. An update will come later.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Nice hammer you got there :)