Fire melts ice

StrikerAY

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I don't know how hard this would be to add. I think that players should be able to attack the ice encasing another player with fire. The ice would have hp based on the enemy that froze the frozen player, sometimes attacking the ice could be a waste if it breaks before you destroy it, but sometimes it could save a friend from a slow aggravating death.
If its too much work don't bother I'll just stick to dropping a healing circle under them.

PS: This would be for frozen players only; npcs wouldn't know what to do with the power (I hope).

Glorfindel

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I love this idea but I seriously doubt it being possible.

haseo

New Adventurer
Reaction score
dont think its impossible, i mean the ice-wall has hp, and you can stuck both players and monsters with it, and attack / destroy it.

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
I think this should work if PVP is turned on. It'd add an interesting dynamic to the gameplay. In exchange for making AoE spells more hazardous you could do neat things like unfreeze someone by causing fire damage, or maybe heal them if they have greater than 100% resistance to a given magic. It'd be really cool to be able to use volcano, for example, as an AoE healer if characters met certain criteria (like more than 100% elem. resistance).

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Love this idea and wonder why it wasn't suggested before...

(or maybe it was, in that case, first line of my sig?)

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Making it work is far too complicated for how little it offers.

StrikerAY

New Adventurer
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
Making it work is far too complicated for how little it offers.

Then don't bother with it. It was just a "that would be nice" kinda Idea not a "this would revolutionize the way the game is played" idea. This wasn't really important to me. I just thought it might have been easy to do because healing circle heals freezing sphere and other various spell effects.