Having a hard time gettin ms to work in steam

NobleDragon

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Hey Guys!

First off i would like to say that im glad that Someone decided to revive ms! Ive played the game since a little while before 1.3 came out and i loved it then! Okay, now on to my problem, Ive tried to start ms understeam after installing your patch, and it keeps gettin hung up when its parses server info. I dont know how to get around this. and where do the resources folder get extracted to exactly? I think that might be the problem, but im not sure.

NobleDragon

New Adventurer
Reaction score
K, disregard the above post. I got ms to work in steam. Oh and Mario, up the max player count on your server, i tired to get in to play with jrsey and Dark-Zerro but couldnt get in.

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
righty-o!

but my computer sux, and i believe someone who plays and has a l33t computer should make a server and put in these commands to do so:

sv_lan 0

hostname "Daragoth" or what ever

maxplayers 4 or what ever

ip "ur ip here" go to http://www.whatismyip.com

map "edana"

I believe there is a command to find ur ip in the command prompt but i seem to have forgotten it... :(

see ya'll on! :)

Deathblower

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Hey dont revive old topic, no wants want them back up.

I dont see alot of server online these days, but i remember seing 1 or two dedicated server online

Urgel

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Tell me how you got ms working on Steam.... I cant get it just stops at parsing game info and i do have the patch.... HELP!

Urgel

New Adventurer
Reaction score
thx for the help... By the way is the character deleting bug fixxed?I want to know if im making backups for nothing...

Shoarmakip

New Adventurer
Reaction score
em its 1.3 it wasn't fixed in this version? so don't stop making backups :D this reminds me... it will be fixed in ms:c right? or is it already fixed?

Kuroneko

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
It's not exactly fixed, but there is a workaround. It'll make a backup of your character automaticly (or you can force it to) and it will automaticly reload it if there was a save error.

Urgel

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I read somewhere that you cant use characters from ms 1.3 in ms:C.... so is all my training for nothing?

Rhodeder

New Adventurer
Christian Warrior's of God
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
HomestarR said:
-=Night Goul=- said:
that means not many ppl are playing ms yet... hmmm

No, it means everyone stopped playing ms.

the problem is noone has a dedicated server always running so nubbs who first download it wont be discouraged then delete it after installing it you guys need to plan to get a 24/7 server running.

Kuroneko

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
RedDog said:
there is one! :D

and some others will follow, when MS:C released...

Indeed, we have RedDog on a ball and chain to run a server now for MS1.3 and again for MS:C. It'll also be 10847198751 times faster with MS:C since it'll be using a linux build :D

Spiritwind

New Adventurer
Reaction score
ERROR WITH STEAM

I have a strange error with steam were there is never any servers i ahve ip addresses

Pilsu

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Maybe people just don't play yet? 1.3 has been out forever