How do I fix "double-click"?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
The success rate varies, but undoing it is as simple as verifying Half-Life's integrity again, so it can't hurt to try.

There's a fix here, that may or may not work, but only off-line (as it replaces the client.dll so it'll no longer match the current servers). I am rather desperate for more info on it's effectiveness vs. new issues it may cause, so if ya can try it and report back, it'd help with patch progress. It's designed to work with the latest Half-Life update:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9479&start=109

I'm getting reports that an even newer Half-Life update (May 17th) is causing the game to hang during initial map load up when creating a listen server, though if you wait a *really* long time, it tends to move on.

subermario

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Hah, well the HLold3.zip isn't being hosted anymore so I can't try following Biorage's instructions.

I actually have an old ban on steam from using the old half-life 1 bloom mod that uses an edited .dll file. I did it when I was much younger and couldn't figure out how to setup my listenserver to lan only. That being said, If I try your .dll, how do I make my server lan only?

I'm actually currently levelling a character on Fuznet, it's just been slow going manually selecting a spell and then selecting "Player Hands" and then clicking the close inventory button whenever i want to use a spell.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
subermario said:
Hah, well the HLold3.zip isn't being hosted anymore so I can't try following Biorage's instructions.
You can use the self installing variant here, it was made with the same build files, I do believe:
http://www.thothie.com/msc_dev4/half-li ... EB2013.exe
Be sure to close Steam first - and if it doesn't work, again, just verify Half-Life's integrity and it's undone.

subermario said:
I actually have an old ban on steam from using the old half-life 1 bloom mod that uses an edited .dll file. I did it when I was much younger and couldn't figure out how to setup my listenserver to lan only. That being said, If I try your .dll, how do I make my server lan only?
If you don't want to risk being disturbed on your listen server, easiest thing to do is set a password at the console (via sv_password), but if you want a LAN to play with other computers on your network, add sv_lan 1 to the listenserver.cfg. This may mess up some Steam ID related functions though, and your character's save file will be dependant what name you have set.

subermario said:
I'm actually currently levelling a character on Fuznet, it's just been slow going manually selecting a spell and then selecting "Player Hands" and then clicking the close inventory button whenever i want to use a spell.
The RKS servers are still accepting rolled back clients, which is why they do not show up in the standard Steam browser at the moment. I'm not sure how long they'll be able to continue to do that, the way Valve is edging towards making it impossible, so the more info we get in regards to the double click fix, the better.

I dun wanna get anyone's hopes up, but I have tracked down, and am currently corresponding with, one of the Goldsrc Valve team members responsible for this nightmare.

subermario

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Wow! Thank you Thothie!

When I started up the game I had to "ok" 2 of the same errors "The procedure entry point _RIB_alloc_provider_handle@4 could not be located in the dynamic link library mss32.dll."

Then the game appeared to freeze at the "parsing game info" load screen. So I control+alt+deleted to get to the task manager and close. The same 2 errors from before popped up, I ok'd them again but instead of closing hl.exe I decided to see if it was still frozen and... Viola! Master-sword with Bloom, and full "double-click" inventory capabilities!