How do I turn off Dodge?

Red Dragon

New Adventurer
Reaction score
It seems like my toon feels like I have double tapped A or D when I haven't, feeling free to eat up all my stamina and usually throwing me into lava or off the world.

Someone in game said it was possible to turn if off though he forgot how. Any pointers?

Also good to be back lol, can't believe its been 8 years since I created this guy, shit I was on the old forums all the way back from when you could kill other players and dev weapons were in the game

Red Dragon

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Fucking love you mang. Do I need to do it everytime I log on? IE make a bind

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Code:
	CVAR_CREATE( "ms_doubletapdodge", "1", FCVAR_ARCHIVE );
Should stick. Might also be in the options menu, canna recall if we added it, off hand, but should stick either way.

You can still dodge by holding +speed and a direction key (which you can bind to the shift key with "bind shift +speed".)

Made it so you could use it both ways, as I noticed, if it was just bound to shift, you tend to forget about it - but yeah, can lead to mad drunken kung fu walking until you get used to the double tap thing - especially embarrassing when dealing with the various tight-rope walking hazards scattered throughout the game.