I Cheating?

2lt. Walter

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Hi,
I lost all my skills and items because i shall use cheats. I only was one time on Forrest_Trainnig but i didnt know at this time that this is a cheatmap, some told me it later. Sry i dont wanted to cheat.
Please undone this i was 31 Shielded Warrior. :oldcry:

PS: sry for bad english :wink:

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
i hope you can get a backup., but remember next time

NEVER! EVER! join a server on fn with a map not recognised by thothie

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
the rule (for the most part) is that any normal map (included with MSC) is safe...along with *most* maps in custom content...

list:

all standard maps
ww1
ww2b
ww3d
lowlands
highlands_msc
lostcastle_msc
orcplace2_beta (or some such name)
skycastle
unrest
unrest2_beta (or similar)
ms_snow

if i missed any, tell me :\

BioRage

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I saw, thothie or kur should do a scan weekly for any traces..., of cheating maps on FN :)

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I think FN should be modified (as always, at your expense SirFish; however grateful I am for your hosting it, I find myself unable to support you in operation it, nor even capable am I of entertaining the idea of helping you)... as I was saying... to automatically disconnect any server from it & temp. IP ban it if it connects a RED-STAMP (aka NOT ALLOWED) map & FN server database together.

Excuse me... but I am serious when I say I shall not help out with managing FN, since I know of how annoying it is to manage even a basic database already :)

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
mmm, howbout a WHITELIST instead of a RED STAMP - cheatmaps can be cranked out in 5 minutes by a mapper with any experiance...

anyways, to prevent the all-too-obvious "hah, i'll just name my cheatmap edana", perhaps find some way to check file size aswell as file name...?

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Wouldn't the ripent affect that? (and if not, people could make a cheat map out of edana with it and the checker wouldn't find it)

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
yeah, cos cheetmep makurs aer t3h smurt, theyud kno hou tew yoose ripent tew maek edana intu a cheetmep

most you could do with edana (cheatmapwise) is change the monster spawns to something with high xp rates, give them a spawn time of like, one, and use a ms_npcscript to disable thier AI

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
...Or they could do that with another map and ripent a trigger_hurt -1000 with size 1 unit in...

And they now know how to do this :)

2lt. Walter

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
There is no hope for me? :?
As I already said i didn't know that this is a cheatmap and i never use cheats.

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I support 2lt cause all the time I've seen him play he has never cheated so why should he start now?

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
evilsquirrel said:
mmm, howbout a WHITELIST instead of a RED STAMP - cheatmaps can be cranked out in 5 minutes by a mapper with any experiance...

anyways, to prevent the all-too-obvious "hah, i'll just name my cheatmap edana", perhaps find some way to check file size aswell as file name...?

I'll do you one better squirrel: a CRC checker. Have it check the coding of the edana file, for whichever one is the latest released in Thothie's pack. If the CRC is different from the normal build, then it's not the original & legit map: therefore GONEEE!!!

Although I must request the # of monsters that respawn on maps is upped by at last 10x if this is done, so you don't have to restart edana twenty times for a basic new character to train on rats :)

FuzzyFish

Adventurer
Alpha Tester
MSU Developer
Reaction score
I will allow your character back on the network in a few more days. With a slightly older character.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
For the record... Anything in CUSTOM CONTENT should be legal.

If it's not legal, I'll delete it and put a big-red warning on it for those few who already downloaded it.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
That should be somewhat helpful, it'll remove ALL excuses that new players have when they join a cheat map :D

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I, personally, don't believe people should HAVE to visit a forums to play, nor be expected to, but the MOTD function of MSCentral doesn't work, and even if it did, I'm not sure if it'd be long enough to squeeze in a set of rules. Thus, no better solution atm.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
normally, people go to the forum when something goes wrong...or they want to see more content - and in-development screenshots...

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
best thing to do I think is just stick to FN only servers

2lt. Walter

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
@FuzzyFish:
You need my Steamid or something?

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Perhaps you could add a forced readme to your installer Thothie? So that whenever people install it, it'll list maps which are allowed, and the ones that'll get them IP banned from using FN :D