In response to Daevoloutions blunt concept...

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Kay.

But for real, better graphics doesn't make a good game (see FER's sig). Just because your moving to source doesn't mean MS:S is even gonna be worth playing. If you continue to try and skate by at bare minimum just to get a mod out I'm sure the community will be disappointed, but then again, if you keep up with coders that piss everybody off there won't be a community left to disappoint by the time MS:S is out.

Don't get me wrong. I do want to see MS:S one day, but I want it to kick serious f*cking ass, not be some scrub generic RPG that 30 people try. Even if it takes 5 years.

dRkILL

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Shurik3n said:
Maybe if you got less sketchy coders that may or may not actually be doing anything beneficial in the long run people would have more faith in MS:S and would be willing to devout their time to it.

You think I'm a sketchy coder?

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
A one-man dabbling team is not going to get the code done in any magnificient fashion in this decade; no offense.

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
dRkILL said:
Shurik3n said:
Maybe if you got less sketchy coders that may or may not actually be doing anything beneficial in the long run people would have more faith in MS:S and would be willing to devout their time to it.

I didn't even know you were a coder, but we all know who I was referring to. No need to pretend.

WeissberV

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
dRkILL said:
Now we just need some of you guys to help with MS:S...

/agree, i'm working on a map, it looks alot better than it did :D

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Why dont you try recruiting Minuit. That guy seems a good coder since hes working on 3 mods right now (and ragnarok arena)

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Shurik3n said:
dRkILL said:
Shurik3n said:

I didn't even know you were a coder, but we all know who I was referring to. No need to pretend.

Sticking a sword model on a crowbar and calling it MS:S. :oldlol:

Red Cell

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I feel the hate festering in this thread.

daevolution

New Adventurer
Reaction score
someone should delete the last few posts as they were totally irrelivent to the topic discussion.

Anyhow that model is very nicely put. I see youve taken up the circle shape and thicken the handle.

Suggestion to the bottom. It seems the curving part before the spike at the bottom is too fat =]

Thin that down about a half and the weapon is perfect =] *spikes around it maybe?

Still awesome tho. People are taking up my concepts. Maybe I should draw more over the holiz.

Dark

New Adventurer
Reaction score
it certainly was my favourite blunt concept i could find da...

one problem with adding the spikes there is no way i can keep it below 1.6k polys with more additions... the whole thing just looks skanky as it is a big weapon if i drop it to less than... sorry, it looks like the base spikes will have to be dropped.

However i will take into consideration your other requests and do my best to adjust that tomorrow... almost finished the textures for this also (as per requested previously) so i should have a finished concept up by tomorrow (without animation)..

xx