evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Blasto121 said:
The Man In Black said:
evilsquirrel said:
J-M, i'd rather have it to where you get the item 100% of the time, but it takes a longer ammount of time to get to or earn, and a level requirement to make sure you are actually capable of earning it, thats it really.

Agreed.

As to Blasto - Your suggestion is good, but it pretty much is a cap, just a different way of enforcing it rather than unequipability

yes it is true its a different form of it, however developers can get creative on how it effects people, lets say someone wants that super great rune shield. well you just happen to have a level 10 tags along with you (dam him for chest humping!) You finally kill the silly thing and the chest spawns you are ready for your reward but to late that 10 grabbed it! But wait whats wrong with the level 10? he doesn't seem to be moving, wait thats right he is to physically weak to actually hold the dam thing. instead he is stuck right there its like watching a man push a boulder around. so the dude thinks o well at least I have it... well he can't move trys to equip and he hears a crack noise over his speakers! HIS ARM JUST SNAPPED IN HALF! dropping the sheild on the ground. much like all other types of equps that are magical you can make it so that unelss you are strong enough or able to control the item it does strange and crazy things to you preventing you from holding it. Obviously it wouldn't phase everyone but the fact remains if you pick up those fire gaunlets then catch fire because you don't understand how to control the fire energy with them your more likely to drop them because the constantly sap your health away! YOUR ON FIRE!!! Either way it doesn't matter if its a cap or just takes along time to find the silly item low level people will get a hold of them.

i kinda like blasto's idea, it makes more sense than "you cant wield this yet!"

i'd say they should do it if time allows for it...

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I agree that that sort of method should be implemented, but with better ideas for them. Breaking your arm for trying to equip the shield = not all that good. Catching on fire for trying to use fire gaunts below your level = good.

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Damn it Blasto, why are your ideas so damn good? I would love to see a noob running around with a GIB and Runeshield showing it off, but once he gets into a fight, he randomly freezes himself, leaving himself completely vonorable. :D

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Sorry for reading this topic incorrectly.

If this summary is true...
- Rare items spawn chances are 100%...
- ...but it will take you a whole lot more effort to get these items.
- There will be a level cap on items, meaning that you can't use an item if you're too low-level.
...I agree with those :mrgreen:

Also, make it so that when a newbie tries to grab a rune shield or something a message pops up with something along the lines of "Get out of here you nublet bastard and train some skills". No but seriously, I like these ideas.

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
Vulnerable* ..

(Post count +1)

Oh ffs MIB. You've found one spelling error in what... 30 posts? Theres people on this forum that can't have single post without spelling every fucking word wrong, or even have a complete sentence, so back the fuck off.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
That's exactly the point. I found ONE. I'm not going to go through and correct 30 mistakes in one post. Besides, that was a BAD mistake.