Item rarity

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
IMO stuff in MSC right now is a bit easy to get, just because you can keep farming the same map over and over.

I suggest making a system where people REALLY earn thier weapons, not just get lucky on thier first try...at least for the high level items.

For example, to get the greater iceblade, you would have to actually get one MADE for you, by going through quests and eventually getting enough fame/popularity/good-standing to go on the quest to get an iceblade made for you...you then have to run around and find some items for the guy making it, and some other things.

probably not the best example, but i think people should really have to work for the items they get, that way they dont just give things away to the first person they see who doesn't have it.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I like the quest idea, but if it's not possible then there should at LEAST be a limit on weapons based on your skill in that weapon area.

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Idea, when you defeat the Ice lord, he drops some kinda rare ice crystals. when brought enough back to the dwarf in ms_snow he makes you a lesser, regular or greater, depending on the amount of ice crystals.

Oh, and a required swordsmanship skill and Ice/magic skill to use it (because its an elemental weapon) just like MIB suggested :D

example:
Lesser: Swordsmanship=15, Ice=10
Regular: Swordsmanship=18, Ice=13
Greater: swordsmanship=22, Ice=16

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
That right there would ROCK... villager so long as the greate iceblade didn't require anything over 23, I am in the clear right at this moment 8)

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Well, since this is source chatter none of us are in the clear.

and ah...Greater iceblade should probably require 23-28ish stats of ice and sword.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
No more than 25, absolutely no more than 25, if this system is even integrated -_-

I am very much so AGAINST integrating this, unless a new system is devised to doing dmg with swords, leaving swordsmanship skill to unlock new weapons instead.

If greater ice blade is capable of doing under 10 dmg, it shouldn't require 25 sword skill :p

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
net...the whole point of a level limit is to stop the nubz from getting greater iceblades, gold armor, and fire res helms at level 10...it should be reasonably balanced to a team of three being able to get the item at the level required to use it.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Hi. I am in this topic to notify you all that I am one hundred percent against this idea.

You can make World of Masterswordcraft yourself if you want, though.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
J-M...you realize that i've never played WoW and i'm coming up with these ideas as logical solutions to current problems...right?

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
Hi. I am in this topic to notify you all that I am one hundred percent against this idea.

You can make World of Masterswordcraft yourself if you want, though.

Farmer Extraordinaire!

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
what if instead of setting a cap, you put a recommended level. Basically that level 10 becomes lucky and lands himself an ice blade pics it up and starts using it. Well with his lack of skill he is unable to control the magical forces that are set in the weapon and he becomes frozen for a period of time. He can still use it but his ability to control the blade itself is limited because of his lack of skill in it. To say that I couldn't just pick it up and use it is so not right because I can pick it up and wield it. However can I control what I am wielding? Thats the real question.

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
The Man In Black said:
Farmer Extraordinaire!
And proud of it. Farming is probably one of the best features in this game, so let's keep it.

Farming is the lamest exploit in the game, even though I do it constantly.

Blasto121 said:
what if instead of setting a cap, you put a recommended level. Basically that level 10 becomes lucky and lands himself an ice blade pics it up and starts using it. Well with his lack of skill he is unable to control the magical forces that are set in the weapon and he becomes frozen for a period of time. He can still use it but his ability to control the blade itself is limited because of his lack of skill in it. To say that I couldn't just pick it up and use it is so not right because I can pick it up and wield it. However can I control what I am wielding? Thats the real question.

I love it.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
The Man In Black said:
Farmer Extraordinaire!
And proud of it. Farming is probably one of the best features in this game, so let's keep it.

it decreases play-time signifigantly, and i'm not talking about reducing farming to 0 J-M.

with the suggestion you would still be able to "farm" its just that you would have to earn your (high level) weapons, be it through a quest, skill reuirement, smithing system, exploring a maze full of traps, etc...

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
villager said:
J-M v2.5.5 said:
The Man In Black said:
Farmer Extraordinaire!

Fun fact: it's not an exploit, it's a game mechanic.

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
villager said:
J-M v2.5.5 said:
The Man In Black said:
Farmer Extraordinaire!

Fun fact: it's not an exploit, it's a game mechanic.

Fun fact: If Thothie is trying to prevent it from happening, then it wasn't ment to be. Example: Mana potions use to sell for 500-800. exploit or feature?

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
evilsquirrel said:
non-balanced feature.
<insert picture of ownage here>

And I'm not trying to farm mana potions because I can sell them for money; I'm trying to farm items I actually need (weapons, spells, armor). I'm not an exploiter.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
J-M, i'd rather have it to where you get the item 100% of the time, but it takes a longer ammount of time to get to or earn, and a level requirement to make sure you are actually capable of earning it, thats it really.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
evilsquirrel said:
J-M, i'd rather have it to where you get the item 100% of the time, but it takes a longer ammount of time to get to or earn, and a level requirement to make sure you are actually capable of earning it, thats it really.

Agreed.

As to Blasto - Your suggestion is good, but it pretty much is a cap, just a different way of enforcing it rather than unequipability

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I'm not here to argue or prove someone wrong, which I'm not doing a great job trying to avoid and I'm sorry for sounding like a dick, I just feel like im not getting my point across.

evilsquirrel said:
non-balanced feature.
Using a non-balanced feature to your advantage is an exploitation. I doubt they meant for the mana potions to be bought at 700-900, and sold at 500-800.

J-M v2.5.5 said:
evilsquirrel said:
non-balanced feature.
<insert picture of ownage here>

And I'm not trying to farm mana potions because I can sell them for money; I'm trying to farm items I actually need (weapons, spells, armor). I'm not an exploiter.

I doubt you need a volcano scroll when the volcano isn't the most powerful spell ingame, from my experience, the "null" skill doesn't level your SC, but I've only leveled "null" 4-6 times. Or even the freeze sphere. From what I've seen (in the older patches) the freeze sphere doesn't even work, just used to show off. BUT, I'm not saying its not worth it, volcano is just fun to use. :\

I'm not aiming at you J-M, I'm tired of playing ms_snow with a bunch of lvl10-15s while I being the only one that fights and kills the Morc Ice Chief (I can't recall his name at the moment) and all the low levels pile ontop of the chest, being my luck the runeshield spawns that time and a level 10 walks away with it. I do believe I earned that chest or atless first look, not the newbie waiting in the corner doing shit.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
villager said:
I'm not aiming at you J-M, I'm tired of playing ms_snow with a bunch of lvl10-15s while I being the only one that fights and kills the Morc Ice Chief (I can't recall his name at the moment) and all the low levels pile ontop of the chest, being my luck the runeshield spawns that time and a level 10 walks away with it. I do believe I earned that chest or atless first look, not the newbie waiting in the corner doing ****.

We all hate them :D

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
thats why i host my own server

....and if theres nubs sitting suspiciously close to chest spawns not doing anything, i hit Z right before the chest spawns.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
z = amx_leave evil So everyone knows >_>

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
evilsquirrel said:

Agreed.

As to Blasto - Your suggestion is good, but it pretty much is a cap, just a different way of enforcing it rather than unequipability

yes it is true its a different form of it, however developers can get creative on how it effects people, lets say someone wants that super great rune shield. well you just happen to have a level 10 tags along with you (dam him for chest humping!) You finally kill the silly thing and the chest spawns you are ready for your reward but to late that 10 grabbed it! But wait whats wrong with the level 10? he doesn't seem to be moving, wait thats right he is to physically weak to actually hold the dam thing. instead he is stuck right there its like watching a man push a boulder around. so the dude thinks o well at least I have it... well he can't move trys to equip and he hears a crack noise over his speakers! HIS ARM JUST SNAPPED IN HALF! dropping the sheild on the ground. much like all other types of equps that are magical you can make it so that unelss you are strong enough or able to control the item it does strange and crazy things to you preventing you from holding it. Obviously it wouldn't phase everyone but the fact remains if you pick up those fire gaunlets then catch fire because you don't understand how to control the fire energy with them your more likely to drop them because the constantly sap your health away! YOUR ON FIRE!!! Either way it doesn't matter if its a cap or just takes along time to find the silly item low level people will get a hold of them.