MS:C MapPack! (a.k.a. msmp-MasterSword MapPack)

dizzy

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Oh Cool, ill have to add it to website. XD

Humming Bird

New Adventurer
Reaction score
:) I'm also going to mirror the official MS:C files if thats allowed.

Humming Bird

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Alright I forgot to make an update that it IS uploaded and available for download.

I would appreciate feedback & suggestions :)

D.Drew

Adventurer
Reaction score
Nice, will you update this every month? My map patching won't work for me, so i'll need this.

Humming Bird

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I'll update them ASAP as each patch comes out. Like when May2007b comes out, it should be within 2 days that I'll release a new version. Yeah, so as I said, tests with binary patching goes really well, which means you don't need to redownload the huge file just to update one little thing.

EDIT: I renamed the project, msmp (MasterSword MapPack)

Humming Bird

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Also feature I forgot to mention, the updater can update ANY version to the latest (so you don't need to install each patch one by one)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
We're still getting the occasional report of someone being unable to use the betapack update system, so hopefully that'll help. I just don't want to go through the headache of assembling a 40MB map pack together with every 24MB (and expanding) betapack update.

I *hope* that package contains all the materials and related RES files - otherwise people will crash trying to load them, or those clients who they spread to will do the same. The last package someone tried to assemble did not. :/

Humming Bird

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I *hope* that package contains all the materials and related RES files - otherwise people will crash trying to load them, or those clients who they spread to will do the same. The last package someone tried to assemble did not. :/

Yep, only thing missing is the addons folder... But I can drop that folder back in on the next release if needed.

*I only used the res for the custom maps, no .res files on the default maps, but I can make those with resgen if you really want.

i want an account on ur website :D

Alright, could you PM with with the account details you want? (Username+Password, and the Share (folder) name you want just for you)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yep, only thing missing is the addons folder
Shoudln't be any map materials in the addons folder.

Map materials tend to be in:
sound/
sprites/
models/
music/
gfx/
maps/

...and the root (wads, and such)

But without a thorough ripenting, it is very hard to be sure you have all the related materials.

Humming Bird

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I'm 100% sure I have everything, because I've done myself a clean install. And yes there is stuff in the addons, (like the pvp_* configs)

I'm also considering making a base install package, with the beta package applied, because of the fact that no one runs the MS:C 1.0 stable package anymore. It'll probably be a .msi if I can get something to work (windows installer package). If it doesn't, it'll be the NSIS .exe. (Reason being I had trouble the first time I installed MS:C, i dropped the 7-zip SFX into the wrong place xD)

But without a thorough ripenting, it is very hard to be sure you have all the related materials.

Wait, ripenting only modifies the maps right? No sprite modifications, textures, and such.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I don't think the map configs are used anymore, that system never did work right... Instead, assuming that crackpot amx vote system is doing what it should, it should set PVP up before the map loads.

Ripent can be used to get lists of media contained in the map, and all files it uses or references.

Humming Bird

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Well what I'm saying is ripent only changes the map when ripented, it doesn't change any other file in any other folder?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
It could change what files the maps point to... For instance, next month, the Deralia map will be pointing to a new armor prop model, so you don't get legs hanging on the wall.

But when I said "Without a thorough ripenting, it is very hard to be sure you have all the related materials." - I simply meant it was one of the few ways to be sure you had absolutely ever last bit of media the map uses.

Humming Bird

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Yeah that's fine, then I just get a proggie to patch the existing bsp and the proggie will drop the new model in too :) (Or patch the existing model)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well, that particular model will be in the beta pack to compensate, since the alteration comes along with.

I wish I knew what crack some of these computers are on that are still suffering from the inability to patch maps properly - but sfaik it's only one last person, atm. Save maybe the occasional slipup, where they re-download maps without reapplying the betapack and such.

Humming Bird

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Yeah, my method is to use vPatch (from NSIS) to generate binary patches and apply it that way. Through vPatch I can make any version of the file to the latest. Then I take the patch file, and make a NSIS installer out of it which includes the new files, takes away the old files, then it patches the existing files.