Need help, don't know how to fix

phorest

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
It says when I join any server: Your .dll[cl_dlls\client.dll] differs from the server.

Im not sure how to fix, and I've dled the MAR2008b_map thing, villager sent me it. I've tried to put it in numerous of places, with no luck :(

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
MarB doesn't have a client update. Did you install MarA?

Snow Wolf / RaZoR

New Adventurer
Reaction score
phorest said:
It says when I join any server: Your .dll[cl_dlls\client.dll] differs from the server.

Im not sure how to fix, and I've dled the MAR2008b_map thing, villager sent me it. I've tried to put it in numerous of places, with no luck :(
It goes in

msc/dlls/ Boing!

phorest

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
Razor, I already tried it there

And the man in black, where do i find MarA?

RibaldRon

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Durak said:

Thank you, thank you. I figured 1.1 would be the perfect "don't worry about betapacks" installer to make it easier to get into the game, but I was mistaken. :p

Durak

New Adventurer
Reaction score
RibaldRon said:
Durak said:

Thank you, thank you. I figured 1.1 would be the perfect "don't worry about betapacks" installer to make it easier to get into the game, but I was mistaken. :p

The game is updated so frequently (usually every month, occationally one is missed) that it'd be a pain to keep remaking full installers. The main reason was to reduce the size of the beta packs because they were getting to be huge and just to update for the month you'd have to redownload everything. Hard on players and hosts.

RibaldRon

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Durak said:
RibaldRon said:
Durak said:

The game is updated so frequently (usually every month, occationally one is missed) that it'd be a pain to keep remaking full installers. The main reason was to reduce the size of the beta packs because they were getting to be huge and just to update for the month you'd have to redownload everything. Hard on players and hosts.

Yeah, i've been following the game for a while (Before it was MSC, even) but I read somewhere that this was going to be the final update because MS:S was in the works. Still, though, the full installer and 1 betapack is a lot better than it was in the past, I may actually be able to get my friends to play it again this time.

Durak

New Adventurer
Reaction score
MS:S is in the works by a group of people that tend not to post much. MS:C is worked on by people who use the forums and release updates frequently. MS:S isn't replacing MS:C yet :wink:.