New spell

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I've never noticed how often I have to shield myself since the new patch, so I had an idea. Not sure if someone already mention it though.

A fire themed shield of some sort: Provides less protection than Ice Shield but lasts a lot longer. Don't really care about how much mana it costs.

And then another idea came to mind.

A lightning themed shield of some sort: Acts like a shield, but instead of randomly deflecting attacks, you "dodge" them. I was thinking ~20% of the attacks.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Elemental theme shields are on the to-do list, as part of the spell revamp...

I think my idea of rapid fire spells coupled with rapid-mana regeneration may have to go though... The rapid changes in mana would likely get written to the character repeatedly, and thus cause lag... Dunno if we can stop writing out changes in mana to the character. Mana regenerates fast enough that there's no real call for it... Indeed, there's no real call for writing HP levels to the character either - afterall, it's not worth reconnecting to recharge health or mana. (Takes you out of the game longer than death, and the only thing you avoid is the XP loss.)

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I don't mean that the fire themed shield would provide any extra protection towards fire, just figured it'd be better than having a third ice-related protection spell.

Also called it "A fire themed shield of some sort" because I couldn't think of a better name for it than "Fire shield", which sounded kind of lame.